Mini Trucks: What do you know about them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    So can I get a Mexican mini-truck and bring it to Indiana?

Ford sells a current-generation Ranger there that looks good, has a small diesel, is 4x4, and nicely equipped for about $25k after the dollar-to-peso conversion. Would be a great replacement for my 2002 Dakota.

Ram 700, Chevy Tornado, VW Amarok are also sold down south and would definitely have niche in the states...long live the El Camino copy!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I think he got it from some place similar to what ghitch said. It's good for running around the property. I'm fairly good sized , though , so it's too tight for me.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Hall construction on SR 37 between Bedford and Mitchell on the east side of the highway sometimes has them. My brother bought one from him years ago then promptly traded it off for a Kawasaki mule. His was 4wd, but I did not get to ride or drive it.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    North of Kokomo, not quite to Peru (ish). On west side of hwy 31 a place has had several sitting out that look for sale. I'm going to be driving by there tomorow. I'll have to check those out.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Hall construction on SR 37 between Bedford and Mitchell on the east side of the highway sometimes has them. My brother bought one from him years ago then promptly traded it off for a Kawasaki mule. His was 4wd, but I did not get to ride or drive it.
    I'm a teacher in Lawrence County and heard that from one of my students. I drove by a few days ago and didn't see any on the lot. Maybe I should stop and talk to them.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I stopped by place the I had seen them selling the mini trucks over the years and spoke with the owner. Selling the mini trucks was a sideline to the construction work he does. He would buy ten trucks at a time and have them imported. By buying multiple units it got his shipping from China down to about $900.00 per unit. Then a few years back he had to start having emission tests done and that added substantially to the cost. I think he said like a extra grand buy the time it was all said and done. For a vehicle that was not street legal it kind of priced itself out of a market. He had been waiting on this law to pass and go into effect for years. He sounded like it is kind of over that scene but said he thought that someone would start back importing them now the law changed. All he had left in stock was this van. I think it was about 7K or more.
    20151230_112643.jpg 20151230_112657.jpg 20151230_112705.jpg

Here is the company he used to import them from. G&R Imports, LLC Japanese Mini Trucks

Looks like you can just purchase one from them direct. Just got to trailer it home.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    To lazy to hit the quote button but rumor has it Ford will be bringing the Ranger back next year.

The new Ranger will compete with the Colorado/Canyon twins and the Tacoma. It will be much larger than the trucks discussed in this thread.

Top Bottom