• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have been mistaken for a policeman many times, and even been given a discount too. The catch is, I was not carrying a firearm at the times! :dunno: I have no idea why, once when I walked into Arbys they ask what I was there for and I said "uh, food?" and they laughed. They said that they thought I was a cop and I "walked like a cop".

Strange, but there you go. Wendys has given me a discount two or three times now. :): No idea.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Happens to me all the time! I drive a police car, though. haha

The BEST though is people on the highway. Cracks me up every time the way they slow down, and move to the right.

Or how I can drive 5mph under the speed limit and they'll all crowd up behind me.

Yup have seen this more times than I can count. Driving home in the afternoon after work on 70 East bound. You can always tell there's a "Pace Car" out front because the traffic is just stacked up on itself.

Funny yet irritating as hell sometimes. :D

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It is my understanding that it is illegal for a non-emergency vehicle to have forward-facing red and/or blue flashers?? Was told that by a friend who worked for one of the big security companies in town; they had company cars with rearward-facing red/white flashers and forward-facing yellow ones.
    The rears are illegal if driven on a public street. If they were red/amber rear facing...that would be ok.
    IC 9-21-7-10
    Lights visible from front of vehicle; prohibition
    Sec. 10. This section does not apply to a vehicle required or authorized under this title to display a red, red and white, or red and blue light that is visible from the front of the vehicle. A person may not drive or move a vehicle or equipment upon a highway with a lamp or device on the vehicle or equipment displaying a red, red and white, or red and blue light visible from directly in front of the center of the vehicle or equipment.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.99-1991, SEC.3.

IC 9-19-14-5.5
    Red and white lamps; red and blue lamps
    Sec. 5.5. (a) Except for a vehicle utilized in a funeral procession, a vehicle that is not described by sections 2 or 5 of this chapter may not display a red and white lamp or a red and blue lamp.
    (b) A person who:
    (1) purchases or otherwise acquires a vehicle with equipment described by sections 2 or 5 of this chapter; and
    (2) is not authorized to display a red and white or red and blue lamp upon the vehicle;
    shall immediately remove the red and white or red and blue lamp from the vehicle.
    As added by P.L.99-1991, SEC.2.

IC 9-19-14.5-2
    Unlawful display of green lights; violations
    Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 1 of this chapter, a person who displays on any public or private motor vehicle at any time flashing or revolving green lights of any size or shape commits a Class C infraction.
    As added by P.L.2-1993, SEC.66. Amended by P.L.236-2003, SEC.4

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The rears are illegal if driven on a public street. If they were red/amber rear facing...that would be ok.

Thanks for posting the relevant code. It's been a number of years since he worked at the place; the rears may have indeed been red/amber.

Back on topic - I've been mistaken for a police officer by an adult on just one occasion, and that adult was a Boone County Sheriff's Deputy. ;) He pulled me over on the way home from the range, I informed him that I had an LTCH and was armed, and he asked me what department I was with. :dunno: I told him I wasn't an officer. After he ran my D/L, he came back and thanked me for advising him that I was armed, and gave me a verbal warning despite the fact that I had been doing 20 over the posted limit. :yesway:

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    He says that's okay I'll take care of it. I asked him why and he said because your police officer. I said no sir I am not a police officer. His eyes get huge and he motions toward my pistol and says but you have a gun. I told him that I was an ordinary citizen just like him.

I think I might actually buy one of those CCL badges from pop's or RJ Stevens. A psudo badge + my OC G19 and see if I can't get a few meals picked up for being the "MAN"!:):

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    A psudo badge + my OC G19 and see if I can't get a few meals picked up for being the "MAN"!:):
    Of course, if you foster the image too much you might get picked up for pretending to be the "MAN". ;)

Let the cops play cop. If you want to play cop, check into your local department's reserve program.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Of course, if you foster the image too much you might get picked up for pretending to be the "MAN". ;)

Let the cops play cop. If you want to play cop, check into your local department's reserve program.

Slow down sparky... it was only a joke. Republicans can try to get hand outs too!:):

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have been mistaken for a policeman many times, and even been given a discount too. The catch is, I was not carrying a firearm at the times! :dunno: I have no idea why, once when I walked into Arbys they ask what I was there for and I said "uh, food?" and they laughed. They said that they thought I was a cop and I "walked like a cop".

Strange, but there you go. Wendys has given me a discount two or three times now. :): No idea.

could be the flattop, 'stache, and mirrored aviators.
    :laugh:

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I OC nearly everywhere, have a reasonably muscular build, military haircut (because I'm in the military, and it's cheap to buzz your head), and most people I end up chatting with either believe I'm an LEO or in the military.

It's no big deal, and I have come to accept it, but I try not to accept discounts anywhere except where I know they give them (Autozone, Advanced Auto, Foot Locker, and others give military/LE discounts).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Subway has been giving me footlongs for $5 lately. Probably 'cause they think I'm the law.
    I'm going back tomorrow. Yeah!:rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    a Boone County Sheriff's Deputy. ;) . . . . . he came back and thanked me for advising him that I was armed, and gave me a verbal warning despite the fact that I had been doing 20 over the posted limit. :yesway:

And you're sure you didn't drop Ken's name somewhere???? :D

(hell I would've)

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I had something like that happen. A man saw me get out my car and my shirt must have come up to show my 45. He asked if I was an officer, I said no, then he asked to see my permit. I asked him if he was a leo, he said no so I said have a nice day, he seemed to get a case of red ass asking me " why do you carry a gun" I gave him the old ingo reply because tanks are to heavy and he stomped off. Very wierd..

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have been asked, and I answer honestly, "No." If they inquire further, I just say that I am an armed citizen and have received handgun training from the Wabash Sheriff's Dept. (Both are true.) This seems to put them at ease.

Only had to do this a couple times as we have some observant people around here - I do not open carry.

However, I still get discounts some places for being an armed citizen. This especially includes a couple, few gas stations where I get free coffee, and one or two restaurants.

I have made protests, but the folks seemed offended, and it wasn't worth the drama. Fact is, the workers here like armed citizens around them on night shift; it makes them feel secure.

I don't like accepting the free stuff, but it's less of a hassle than telling them not to bother.

Josh <><

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Once in high school I was walking to my car wearing a policeman's coat. (gift from my uncle, a cop) It had no patches on it other than an American flag. Some female student asked me if I was a cop. I had to say no.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I was once asked by a couple of neighborhood ruffians if I was a cop. I wasn't armed at the time, so it must have been my rugged and clean-cut good looks that threw them.

Got a young guy at work who has him a nice PoseurMobile too.

It's a pretty clean white CrownVic, complete with spotlight, dark window tint, red and blue grill-mounted LED disco lights, one of those Elk-Catcher nerf bar thingies on the front bumper...

This dude even slowly cruises around the parking lot on his breaks, scoping folks out and sometimes stops and give inquisitive glares/talks to people.

This fool is the janitor's assistant!

I shake my head and grin every time I see this Walter Mitty jackass...

Does he work with this guy?

scrubs-janitor_160_1172109306.jpg

Top Bottom