• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ya I've still yet to hear a single specific thing he leaked that could have hurt Americans. There was no list of CIA operative names, no tank schematics, no battle plans. All the info I've seen him leak were combat mistakes, war crimes and embarrassing cables.
    "Wikileaks and Bradley Manning endanger our troops in War Zones, say the politicians who sent our troops into said War Zones" John Fugelsang

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So a private gets to decide what is OK to leak and what is not?

O.............................K

There is a lot more "personal demons" at work here and a lot less "freedom fighter".

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So a private gets to decide what is OK to leak and what is not?

O.............................K

There is a lot more "personal demons" at work here and a lot less "freedom fighter".

You don't think the govt. would keep everything secret if they could?
    I said it earlier, there aren't any specifics about what was actually damaging. If he only released embarrassing and incriminating documents then shouldn't they have been released to the American public anyway?
    I personally don't have as much faith and trust in the government as you do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What did he leak that was helpful....in any way...to the public at large in any concrete way?

Who gets to make the decision as to what can be leaked and what should not be?

I have no more faith in the government than it deserves, which is not a heck of a lot. Nor do I have faith in individuals who swear up and down that they will follow rules, then ignore them when it suits their personal fancy.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What he leaked:

[video=youtube;5rXPrfnU3G0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0[/video]

The 'war logs'

Baghdad War Diary

Embarrassing State Department cables:

Cable Viewer

Now someone submit what he released that put people in danger?
    It's the same argument from everyone, that is the appeal to authority. Of course the govt. is going to try to keep any and everything it does secret, the fact that it does that isn't in itself a justification of keeping said documents secret.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    999553_149430915258911_1826306845_n.jpg

Terrifying, isn't it?
    The people justifying Manning's treatment disturb and sicken me to the core.
    They sound exactly like the anti-gun crowd, completely betraying logic and liberty for propaganda.
    Congratulations, your mindset is why the constitution remains ignored.

While you continue your bashing, we have a US citizen having to take political asylum in Russia simply because he exposed political corruption. But of course, the propaganda has likely brainwashed you into thinking he's "selling secrets" to the evil commies. You've probably forgot the Benghazi scandal, the IRS attacks on political opponents, and Obama wiretapping the press and congress. But don't let me spoil your fun of pointing a finger and screaming traitor at those who the administration deems a political opponent.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You only know what he has done and assume why because you dearly want it to be the case. Snowden too.

You may be right. You may be wrong. The assumption that they are both clean and pure based on a world view you hope they hold is interesting, but no evidence of motivation.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You only know what he has done and assume why because you dearly want it to be the case. Snowden too.

You may be right. You may be wrong. The assumption that they are both clean and pure based on a world view you hope they hold is interesting, but no evidence of motivation.

They exposed corruption fully knowing that their life would be over. Did the corruption they exposed get taken care of?

Whether you agree with his actions or not, what was done to him was illegal. Since he was held in solitary confinement for multiple years and likely tortured, when will we see the ones who did this held accountable and tried for their crimes?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom