• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smoker9000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Logansport
    I purchased one of these over the winter, I've done a lot of polishing and made some modes and now it runs low brass with the factory recoil spring and the H. Brass gas spacer. Has anyone else's played with one of these yet?

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've had one for a few years. Mine's been modified a bit including a third party aluminum lower. Mine runs pretty much everything I've tried, but to get there I had to do some tuning on the magazine feed lips. That's been reported as being one of the most important things to do. The magazines seem to be the weak link in the platform. Mine is a fun range toy.

MKA%20SAS%20Lower%20Full%20Left%20Side%201_zpsxvoszmwn.jpg

Smoker9000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Logansport
    I've had one for a few years. Mine's been modified a bit including a third party aluminum lower. Mine runs pretty much everything I've tried, but to get there I had to do some tuning on the magazine feed lips. That's been reported as being one of the most important things to do. The magazines seem to be the weak link in the platform. Mine is a fun range toy.

MKA%20SAS%20Lower%20Full%20Left%20Side%201_zpsxvoszmwn.jpg

very nice. How exactly do you tune the magazines?

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    very nice. How exactly do you tune the magazines?

Much of the tuning is about angles of the feed lips and width between them. I have a document somewhere that describes it pretty well with pictures and measurements. I'll see if I can dig it up if you're interested.
    This video also discusses a number of issues with the MKA magazines including feed lip tuning. He also gets into issues of magazine "coupling" which is where the 3-gun guys will attach magazines to each other to create a single stick mag that will hold 15 and more rounds. You can watch the the whole thing, but the feed lip tuning tips start at about the 3:30 minute mark.
    [video=youtube;PnEvaMLmv5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnEvaMLmv5M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Top Bottom