• ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Downtown assaults by group of teens probed

It started with a 61 year old man getting beaten on the Big Four pedestrian bridge, in front of his wife and two grandchildren, without any bystanders having the balls to step in.

Then the attacks continued.

I have a LTCH but don't carry all that often...but my wife and I take our kids to Big Four regularly and will do so even more once the Jeff side opens.

I will be carrying from now on.

May the next time a pack of "youths" in this area picks a target for a random beatdown, they choose someone equipped and willing to not be a victim.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Me, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've heard right here on INGO that this doesn't happen. It's just media hype.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    What time did the Louisville, St. Louis game get over last night? It seems a growing trend for teens & young adults to take to the streets and vandalize/riot after a win.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    For the lawyers amongst us (real or internet), how do you think the phrase "the defendant has no duty to retreat if the defendant is a place that they have a right to be" plays out if one were to take one's firearm into a bar that does not derive more than 50% of their revenue from the sale of food and were to witness or be the subject of an attack that would otherwise make responding by force legal under the Kentucky statute? This is asked in light of the current Kentucky statute that does not allow one to carry a firearm into a bar. Would that no longer be a place that the defendant has a legal right to be? If so, does the right to apply force (deadly or otherwise) called out in the above sections still apply, even if the "stand your ground" aspect doesn't?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    What time did the Louisville, St. Louis game get over last night? It seems a growing trend for teens & young adults to take to the streets and vandalize/riot after a win.
    win, lose, whatever..."man we need to wait to game day??!!"

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    If you're an armed bystander, how do you approach the situation?

Per the KRS so kindly posted by avboiler, give one command to lay down and if they don't, smoke 'em. I think Louisville may need to lean a little more toward war zone before we see a marked improvement in this type of thing. LMPD is either dramatically understaffed (not likely, based on all the speedtraps they operate) or just aren't in a hurry to respond. I've been involved in a couple of armed conflicts since moving here and they would've arrived after the pizza each time.

Kentucky overall is a pretty rough state for criminals. It's not too difficult to get yourself shot down here, especially in the rural areas, but the urban areas seem mostly populated by leftist elites in the 'burbs and gangbangers in the inner city. Thug life vs. denial tends to make for an ugly situation but the cultured and educated deniers can't seem to wrap their heads around that. Now, let a few of these roaming mobs get shot up by a random bystander or two and word will get back to the neighborhood...

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    win, lose, whatever..."man we need to wait to game day??!!"

Louisville / St. Louis played yesterday................ I only said the above as after a world series game I had a large rock bashed into the side of my truck/window, other's in close neighborhoods had similar damage. Nothing was stolen from the vehicles, and that was many years ago. Today the kids are getting much more violent.

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    my wife and I went out to dinner with another couple last night. my buddy and I were both CC'ing.both our wives both knew this, and shook their heads, as we asked each other which pistol the other was carrying. I will make sure they both hear this story.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I look for crime to skyrocket in downtown Jeffersonville when the big four bridge open in a few weeks. If I lived in that area, I'd be moving. The Jeffersonville know it alls are expecting a mass of diners and shoppers to hit their downtown, I'm thinking they'll see something a little different.

Top Bottom