• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I thought that LMPD had a helicopter; at least they always have one on display at the KY State Fair each year. Looks like this would be a good use of such a resource. What good is it to have one and not use it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Don't leave out....... We believe these are kids from good families who made bad choices," Rev. Vincent James, pastor of Elim Baptist Church

Ah, I forgot that one.

I'm sure many have also been in some kind of trouble earlier but they are turning their life around........

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Cell phones and social media make these impromptu gatherings possible. Our local news has been very quiet as to the racial makeup of the mob and of the victims. I wouldn't want to be "that guy" who was attacked by a mob of teenagers and had to defend myself with deadly force. The national news media would be all over this as another Trayvon Martin incident. Looks like the Big Four Bridge project isn't turning out to be such a great idea. First they ban dogs because people wouldn't clean up after them and now it looks like a magnet for troublemakers.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that these crimes are perpetrated by black youth. It's neither racist nor insensitive. I personally, being black, find it embarrassing, but it's a fact. It's something that needs to be pointed out, regardless of whose feelings it hurts, and addressed to find a solution.
    I will point out, that the constant references to Martin, should have zero bearing in likening these instances. If the media attempted, or anybody else, to make a comparison to a person randomly attacked by a mob and that person intelligently trying to avoid, and if needed, employ deadly force to the Martin-Zimmerman dynamic, they'd be flat wrong.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that these crimes are perpetrated by black youth. It's neither racist nor insensitive. I personally, being black, find it embarrassing, but it's a fact. It's something that needs to be pointed out, regardless of whose feelings it hurts, and addressed to find a solution.
    I will point out, that the constant references to Martin, should have zero bearing in likening these instances. If the media attempted, or anybody else, to make a comparison to a person randomly attacked by a mob and that person intelligently trying to avoid, and if needed, employ deadly force to the Martin-Zimmerman dynamic, they'd be flat wrong.

You are correct. Nothing wrong with the crimes being called as to what they are....mostly racially driven.
    I have worked in and around the "Hood" areas in INDY all my life. I have seen a change in the youth movement. These "Youth's" know they will not be catching much of a case if under 18 so they run wild.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

:yesway:.....Good post.....hard ta argue with fact(s)......AN' le'me say......I been in build'n trades fer.....?.....damn near 40 yrs,39 yrs 'is April....an' they's all sizes, shapes.....an' yeah, colors....on the job......:dunno:......we don' HAVE these kind'a pro'lems (black vs white vs ?...whutever......) PERIOD......:yesway:

So, with 'at said......lil' more info localy....

LMPD: Teens pulled gun from trash can at Big Four Bridge - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Louisville man claims mob of teens attacked him day before - WDRB 41 Louisville News

LMPD: Robbery suspects held woman at gunpoint at Shawnee bus sto - WDRB 41 Louisville News

LMPD investigating string of attacks in downtown Louisvill - WDRB 41 Louisville News

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I heard on the news that the downtown merchants say that this type of incident is not uncommon. One of the victims spoke with a LMPD officer after he was injured trying to help a 13 year old girl who was being robbed and beaten. The LMPD officer didn't even take a report of the incident. This smells like LMPD and the mayor have been covering up this ongoing mob behavior.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I've been involved in a couple of armed conflicts since moving here...

Wow, we are just letting that slide? INGO is slacking.:rolleyes: We need details so we can second guess him to death and practice our perfect 20/20 hindsight drills.

I personally, being black...

Whoa there jess a minute Mister. No offense(my obligatory white-guilt disclaimer before I say something that may be deemed offensive), but I thought Que was our only "out" black member. Next thing ya know you'll tell me hornadylnl don't look like his avatar or that 88GT is really a 300 pound, balding male truck driver with a passion for homeschooling.:runaway:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Then there is this. Wait for the response from Louisville Councilwoman Attica Scott. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPqBf2WvHVs

Just more excuses for the good kids from good families that have just made bad choices occasionally.
    We need compassion and understanding for these misunderstood youths.
    Young and Offensive is just a lifestyle anyhow, we just don't have the compassion necessary to understand.
    So really, it's everyone else's fault.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Just more excuses for the good kids from good families that have just made bad choices occasionally.
    We need compassion and understanding for these misunderstood youths.
    Young and Offensive is just a lifestyle anyhow, we just don't have the compassion necessary to understand.
    So really, it's everyone else's fault.
    Your purple was eaten by the purple people eater.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Ms. Scott has a valid concern, in my opinion. For the mayor to suggest that a group of black teens warrants a call to 911 is indeed racial profiling and not something I can see myself ever doing. When I see fifteen black teenagers beating a 61 year old man, however, I'll call 911 after addressing the teens, when we need to start the paperwork...

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    My wife & I visit L'ville several times each month... Typically I feel good about my EDC, but I'm starting to wonder if something different may be needed during these road trips.

Top Bottom