• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I have decided to break up with my Glock 19 and get another XD 9mm to replace her. I currently have a XDM 9mm with the 4.5 barrel. I am looking for something a little smaller for EDC. I like the Mod2 look (still need to see one in person)

question is for the .8 barrel difference to I go with the match barrel and extra round capacity of the xdm or am I better off with the 3 inch mod 2. Has anyone shot either?

XNavyGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2015
    Noblesville
    My dilemma is the XD Mod 2 versus the XDS. I'm leaning towards the mod 2 for capacity. This will be my CCW EDC. Plan on owning one within the month if only I could decide...

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Own both the XDS and just picked up the XD Mod 2 both in 45 and can tell you the MOD 2 is one awesome gun! I have a wide variety of guns and can tell you the Mod2 is a keeper, soft shooter and just dead accurate.psyko

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Since you say your already own a 4.5" XDm and looking for something a little smaller, I assume you are considering the XDm Compact and XD Mod 2 Sub-compact? I own 2 XDm Compacts, 1 9 mm and the other .45 cal. Both are great carry guns that look, feel and shoot fine. I prefer to carry with the compact magazines just to make the guns more concealable. I have bigger hands so I compensate by installing the Pearce Grip Extensions. I have looked at the Mod 2. It looks and feels great too and made a little more sense for the budget conscious. But I understand Springfield is now selling the XDm with FO front sights and offering an Essentials Bundle that cuts the cost. That makes it a really tough call. The Mod 2 is still slightly smaller if that matters. In the end, I don't think you could go wrong with either.

XNavyGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2015
    Noblesville
    bjenkins, for concealed carry does the size difference between the XD mod 2 and xds make a difference? Do you have a holster recommendation?

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I ended up getting the Mod2 3inch and paired it with a TT leather holster (Mikes Special) Have not received the holster yet but can't wait to check it out.

Top Bottom