• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craigery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NW Indianapolis
    Hello everyone! I was wondering if something like this exists? I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in a monthly subscription based service where you get some SHTF/Survival gear in a monthly box. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to start a service like this but didn't know if it would be viable. What do yall think?

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Imho, Prepping and survival gear needs are very different from one family to the next. I would never have a use for such a thing. The more skills one has, the less junk they need.

If a guy doesn't want to spend time to research and figure out what gear is needed and learn and practice survival, he will probably be the same guy who would order mega expensive, one size fits all, survival kits already available...

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    From a business standpoint, it could be a profitable venture. If you see it as a mission to help educate the masses, see post above. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but be creative and keep your price point attractive to those who would use it for someone else, but have no interest or understanding of what you are selling. Some more thought is probably the next step.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    The monthly box thing is big right now, I know - Nature Box, Blue Apron, Loot Crate, Trunk Club, etc. The thing is, though, that I don't think the demographics of people who order boxes like that will overlap very much with preppers. The appeal of those boxes is a mix of high quality and novelty/surprise (with a bit of laziness thrown in) but with little regard for cost. You can almost always put together your own kit for less money, and there wouldn't be anything in it that you didn't want. Conversely, the folks with low knowledge of survival, but who have a twinge that they should do something are more likely to buy a one-time kit than to sign up for a monthly service.

On the other hand, as a business opportunity, it doesn't sound bad. As a subscription-only service you wouldn't have to maintain any inventory, but just build the kits you need every month to satisfy the subscribers. Advertising would be the main cost, I'd think. I just wouldn't expect to get rich with it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Creek Stewart offers his APOCABOX every other month for $58.95 or something like that. He owns and operates Willow Haven Outdoors, and his parents own and operate a survivalist store called "Not If, but When" somewhere in north central Indiana. Creek is also the host of the TV show "Fat Guys in the Woods" that airs on the WX Channel every Sunday night at 10PM.

Creek Stewart - Survivalist Trainer

His TV show is a hoot. I recommend it.

Top Bottom