• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bill Clinton NEVER Dodged the Draft - He had a Student Deferment - Wink, Wink :rolleyes:

Where was the female student positioned sarge? :D
    ie0a46.jpg

TK:patriot:

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    are you trying to say that the number one issue is gun rights? Really? or did you mean something else, if you did then I apologize. I'm sorry but when it comes down to voting for the pres., gun rights isn't number one on my list. Those that oppose tax breaks for the rich is on top of my list. Also, I do trash Bush (I can't comprehend anyone that actually thinks that what he's done is good) but I don't praise obama...asking to give me someone a chance isn't praising, its giving someone the benefit of the doubt. Something that a lot of ignorant people refuse to do. I'm pro-gun,pro-womens choice, pro-nationalized healthcare,pro-union, anti-welfare, and anti-privatization of banks/social security. If you label that liberal, then I guess in your eyes I have some liberal views. At least I don't call myself a conservative when I have no idea what it means.
    I wouldn't label you as liberal, honestly, I find it hard to label you at all. I assumed by your moniker that you were an anarchist, if so its the strangest form of anarchism I've seen yet. I am an anarcho-capitalist and my views are consistent with that philosophy. I choose to label myself as such, though neither you nor anyone else is obliged to do the same.
    As evidenced by your positions on the issues mentioned above, I would say that puts you at odds with the majority of the forum. In that vein, asking them to give him a chance when he is advocating proposals completely at odds with their views is a bit much.
    I've read the bill, I know what his views are and what his solutions are. They haven't worked in the past and won't work now. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.
    You would hear this from me whether he was a democrat, republican, libertarian, etc.
    I know what sound monetary policy looks like and this isn't it.
    I know what the proper role of government is and this isn't it.
    I know what is constitutional and this isn't it.

It makes no difference to me what the money is earmarked for, who gets it or what limits are applied to using it. There is no constitutional right which allows it and its the worst kind of Keynesian economics.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    its 2009 for chrissakes, people should be able to go see a Dr. There really are sick people out there, really. I mean you must only see the good side of our population.

RTBF:

For 22+ years, I have been EMS certified, since 1991, as a paramedic, working some of that in an ER, most of it in the back of the big white bus. Good side of our population? Would those be the ones who call an ambulance for a "suicide attempt" of putting salt in their coffee instead of sugar, the ones who have an ambulance called for "seizures" that are so easily recognized as faked for the purpose of getting drugs as to be laughable, or the ones who come to the ER on their own for the baby with a fever, and have enough money for smokes and beer, but not enough to buy a thermometer or Children's Motrin? Would it be the drunks who smack the women or children in their lives around because they :bat: Just. Don't. LISTEN! Would it be the ones who call and, when offered the choice to transport their family member (or themselves) for non-emergent care rather than receive an ambulance bill, reply, "Well, it's free, ain't it? I got th' medicaid!" Would it be the people who have children sleeping on the dirty floor, no food, no furniture, and no silverware, but have huge speakers and a TV the size of an entire wall?
    I have seen all of these and many more in my work.

Yes, there are sick people. There are also an enormous buttload of people who abuse the system and the public resources who put the strain on the ERs and 911 services with no real need for those services, but who see something "free" and don't care that someone has to pay for it, so long as that someone is not them. I described them above as an "enormous buttload" intentionally; usually such problems are relieved by a 3H enema. The truly sick should have access to medical care, yes, but that does not mean that the rest of us should be forced to pay for it. If you have extra cash and want to help them out, you feel free to do so, but don't expect any thanks-just a demand for more that they feel you owe them.

I love my profession. I have never once failed to give any patient the best I could give them. Sometimes, that's been an ear to listen, sometimes it's been big needles, powerful drugs, electricity, and/or big tubes put into various places in their bodies, and most of the time, it's somewhere in between. It is not only my profession but my passion.

As I said above, yes, the truly sick should be able to go see a doctor. The other side of that is that that doctor should be able to be paid for his/her knowledge, expertise, and skill to encourage the best of the best to continue to practice their art. Make them government contractors or employees and that will go away; you'll see those who do minimal work and provide minimal care for minimal compensation, just like in every other government bureaucracy. (Think BMV or the VA hospitals.) Additionally, there is no place in the Constitution where the power to administer health care is given to the federal government, so to do so would violate the supreme law of our land.

I've seen the good and I've seen the bad and everything in between, so until you have the experience to counter what I've described above, you do not have the right or the grounds to insinuate that I or anyone else here is uncaring, unfeeling, or blind to the suffering in the world.

You're welcome to your opinion. Just don't try to pass it off as fact. :n00b:

Bill

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    At least he did serve.

The last Dem POTUS to have served was Jimmy Carter.

What has your Messiah done.

:D

Piggybacking here.

Ah, yes, George W. Bush arranged to have perfect eyesight, perfect balance, fast reflexes, the talent to safely fly one of the more dangerous high speed interceptors the US has fielded, and volunteered for a unit that had already deployed to Vietnam once, all as a cunning ploy to avoid the draft.

The whole "Bush is a draft dodger" line was ridiculous in 2000 and it's ridiculous today.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I know you feel a womans right to choose is more important than 2a. I find it odd that people like you think that stabbing a full term baby in the skull and sucking it's brains out as it's being delivered is okay but if Bush okays splashing some water in the face of Bin Laden, he's worse than Hitler.

Without 2a, what guarantees you the right to any of the other amendments? If you have no right to bear arms, how are you going to fight off that evil tyrant Bush when he bans infanticide and prays in public?

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    wow this is six pages of good reason to not talk politics with people you really don't know other than a forum. I'm glad I'm only here to make some friends, and have fun. Now that i've said that I'm sure I'll atleast get one nasty reply

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom