• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Followed some of your links through on the Propper level VI rain gear. I had been looking at those, but the pictures and brief descriptions (on the Propper website) did not offer much in the way of information. Your report was very helpful.

What's your impression of durability for the fabric? Do they have any knee or forearm protection (second layer or lightweight fabric for armor of these areas)?

Last edited:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Mercop - good, realistic assessment. I use my BOE (a Lowe 30 daypack) as my daily in and out of the house bag. It lets me fine tune what is in it based on season and situation, and to rotate perishables regularly. I have some LEO gear that always sits ready in the work car, but the BOE pack goes from the house to the car to the office and back daily.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good stuff mercop. My layers are a bit different. My BoB is a BoB. Period. Your BOE is more like my Go Bag. Same concept. I use it for carry on minus the sharps. I carry more than a boo boo kit however. Otherwise similar to your BOE.

What I call my BOE is actually a bag of MF'g evil. Its for fighting. I use a Maxpedition fatboy. It carries 3 rifle mags, pocket CS, G17 mag, Surefire, multitool, nomex gloves and balclava, 2 doorstops, flexcuffs, SW J frame w/ 2 speed strips and a blow out kit.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I travel too much to depend on a BOB. My BOB is my BOE stuffed with stuff from my house if I am home:)- George

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    The bag as listed is 12 lbs 14 oz including 32 oz of water and loaded Glock 19. Yesterday I added a 70 water bottle and biked 10 miles. My plan this summer is to do as much as possible with the pack including hiking, biking, canoeing, and camping. I don't plan to add much except for more food and my hammock for most of these activities. My goal is to learn to do the most with what I know I can have with me, even when I fly.- George

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    people often comment on all I carry in my work duffle, obviously I'm not carrying enough... time to re-assess !!!

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    If you need something more than once think about carrying it, if you cannot remember the last time you used it and it is not for signaling or first aid, considering going a month without carrying it and see if you miss it- George

Top Bottom