• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Clinton
    Is it just more or does it seem like there are a lot more people that are open carrying lately than before. Everytime I go to rural king someone has a gun on their hip.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is it just more or does it seem like there are a lot more people that are open carrying lately than before. Everytime I go to rural king someone has a gun on their hip.
    Quite possible, quite possible. Indiana is now #1 for handgun licenses as a percentage of adults :rockwoot:(we're NUMBER ONE!!) I think it's something that the more you see the more people will do. The weather may have something to do with it. Some could be pushing the edge of the envelope. If you see more people OCing, how many more are CCing??

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Isn't it great? :yesway:

I have to say, it makes me feel good every time I see someone open carrying out in public. Well, most people. I've come across a few with holsters and belts that were obviously not good choices, but otherwise I love seeing open carriers out and about.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The "concealed only" crowd's claims and accompanying general lack of logic got squashed pretty hard here on INGO a few years ago, so that nonsense isn't spread as much here in Indiana any more.

With less new carriers being indoctrinated early on to "just cover it up!" or "hide that thing!", it's now more customary than it once was to see folks just carrying naturally however they please.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I see lots of OC here in Morgan county, but unfortunately I'd say at least 90% are in floppy nylon holsters from Walmart and whatever old belt they happened to have. I guess the CC'rs around here could be the same just covered up.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Isn't it great? :yesway:

I have to say, it makes me feel good every time I see someone open carrying out in public. Well, most people. I've come across a few with holsters and belts that were obviously not good choices, but otherwise I love seeing open carriers out and about.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

OC/CC ..... JUST CARRY !!!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have some truly intelligent very self conscious friends who are somewhat militant OCer's. Sadly though, most of the folks I run into OCing are not like them.

Weak gear choices, clothes that should have been discarded last year and bad hygiene seem to be the rule rather than the exception. They often represent gun carriers very poorly. I won't even get into some of the conversations heard from the sidelines...

Last edited:

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    For the most part I have not had an issue with my open carry. Only at the Lafayette mall and Purdue . Yesterday I was walying with my sonew and some guy decided to yell at me across the street. I ignored him. Most people are cool or don't say anything.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For the most part I have not had an issue with my open carry. Only at the Lafayette mall and Purdue . Yesterday I was walying with my sonew and some guy decided to yell at me across the street. I ignored him. Most people are cool or don't say anything.

I'd have yelled, too. Something like, "HEY! WHY ARE YOU WALYING WITH THAT SONEW?" ;)

This^^^

What IC regulates WALYING WITH THAT SONEW?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have some truly intelligent very self conscious friends who are somewhat militant OCer's. Sadly though, most of the folks I run into OCing are not like them.

Weak gear choices, clothes that should have been discarded last year and bad hygiene seem to be the rule rather than the exception. They often represent gun carriers very poorly. I won't even get into some of the conversations heard from the sidelines...

I agree with BW.. Weak gear choices scream no training and that makes me nervous. Also represents themselves and IMHO, anyone carrying very poorly. Just my two cents and I'm famous for being a dinosaur.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Their, There, They're...no need to make fun of a few typos.

Frankly, I could care less.

:D

Glad to hear that you're a caring individual, but you should care a while lot less what we do. :D

OP, I think it's a combination of the weather mixed with some of who OC in the hopes of helping to normalize it. I usually get nothing but positive reactions when I OC, aside from questioning my gun of choice that is. You, as a non-firearms owner, see one person and you think "oh my gosh, they have a gun." You see 20 people with a gun on their hip and by the 20th person, it's more of "Hey, that guy has a gun, too."

Top Bottom