• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Assault weapons and the magazines that allow dozens of bullets to be shot with one trigger pull also need to be banned completely, participants said.

I think we ought to make these easier to get.

I don't imagine it is much of a trick to find "officials" and clergy in Gary to come out for more gun control.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Where can I find a magazine that turns my Non-assualt rifle into a bullet spraying killer of man and beast?

"Allow dozens of bullets to be shot with one trigger pull" what complete utter ignorance, and these people are proud to be ignorant to the point it becomes out right stupidity!

We as law abiding gun owners DID NOT commit these crimes we DO NOT deserve to be punished for them.

po7g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Gary needs to look at how the area has went to ****. You have gangs and thats what bring the violence. Maybe if you turn your city around you will see less killings. I get a little sad when I drive down Broadway and see the boarded up businesses and the hear my elders talking about how Gary use to be a happening place. Now it looks like a war zone.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Cold hard facts from the cdc:
    Mortality

All injury deaths

• Number of deaths: 180,811
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 58.6
    Motor vehicle traffic deaths

• Number of deaths: 33,687
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.9
    All poisoning deaths

• Number of deaths: 42,917
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 13.9
    All firearm deaths

• Number of deaths: 31,672
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.3
    Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2010, table 1

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Mathew 7:16 "By their fruit, you shall know them". I would say when they have addressed (reduced) the violence in their own community; I'll be more willing to listen to what they have to say.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is an assessment from a man that immigrated to Gary, IN in 1914, worked, paid taxes and lived an honest life there until he died.

The government caused the fall of Gary, Indiana, neglecting their only legitimate responsiblity, keeping the streets safe. The place was most prosperous when organized crime ran the streets. Here is how it used to work; The store keepers paid the boys a street tax. In return, the boys kept the streets safe, and any time a small time thug would commit a crime, the boys made sure that the punk was never seen again. Sure, they ran gambling and vice, but they kept it out of the way and kept the seedy element from bothering normal commerce.

The Government came in and drove out the boys and left the place unprotected. Every punk thug in the midwest set up shop there. Now the place is plywood and burned out buildings from glen park to the mill gates. My grandmother and I used to ride the bus downtown to shop and I would watch movies at the Glen while she shopped and got her hair done.

The Boys collected a street tax and gave the city some protection service, the government collected tax and gave them nothing. ok, they have the genesis center, like that helped anything. Anyone remember Horwich and Hollar furniture? Downtown Sears, the Glen Theater? Dozens of stores up and down Broadway all full of shoppers? Saturdays that were so busy that you could hardly get around because of the shoppers walking and driving? Different times.

I am not saying I endorse criminal elements running our cities, but even they understood that common people need to be safe for a city to thrive. Maybe the politicians in Gary (and Indy) could decide to take the city back.

Naw, they are making themselves rich off the taxpayers and it is easier to rally against firearms.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Not trying to paint religion today in a bad light because it's different than it was hundreds of years ago, but do you know what the clergy did for humanity way back then? Forwarding their own propaganda in the name of spreading the word of God only to circumvent governments, control education, hoarding knowledge and denied sciences because it contradict scripture for centuries. I think a clergy today has just the same amount of "good intentions" as the history of clergymen has always been. There's a reason why there's a separation of Church and State.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Isn't Gary the "Detroit" of Indiana?

One of the places needing a gun should be a given.........

Gary doesn't need gun control. Gary needs a few Rome Plows.

schwab+%28151%29.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not trying to paint religion today in a bad light because it's different than it was hundreds of years ago, but do you know what the clergy did for humanity way back then? Forwarding their own propaganda in the name of spreading the word of God only to circumvent governments, control education, hoarding knowledge and denied sciences because it contradict scripture for centuries. I think a clergy today has just the same amount of "good intentions" as the history of clergymen has always been. There's a reason why there's a separation of Church and State.

I agree that we need separation of Church and State to protect both the State, and Religion. However, they will be forever intertwined since those that practice a religion (including those that chose no religion) are also citizens of the state.

There have certainly been cases where religious leaders have used their influence incorrectly. However, I think it is also safe to say that religious leaders by and large, have done more to positively influence society than to harm it. That goes for social welfare (hospitals, clinics, etc.), education (schools & university) and science (many top scientist through out history have also been men and women of faith).

The same holds true to non religious leaders as well. There have been some bad ones, and there have been some great ones. Their contributions have also made huge impacts to society in social welfare, education, and science.

So, I think it is incorrect to cast a broad statement that clergy should not be included in discussions about current political issues. Their input is just as valuable as anyone else's. And, like everyone else, some will make positive contribution, and others won't be beneficial.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Let them make an all out ban on "assault rifles." We need NWI to have their ass handed to them by the state.

Gary needs to look at how the area has went to ****. You have gangs and thats what bring the violence. Maybe if you turn your city around you will see less killings. I get a little sad when I drive down Broadway and see the boarded up businesses and the hear my elders talking about how Gary use to be a happening place. Now it looks like a war zone.

That's not what they see. Just like Chicago sees it as Indiana's fault that their crime rate is so high, Gary agrees with them. If it weren't for us and our silly guns, we could be as safe as Chicago also... Oh, wait.
    Cold hard facts from the cdc:
    Mortality

All injury deaths

• Number of deaths: 180,811
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 58.6
    Motor vehicle traffic deaths

• Number of deaths: 33,687
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.9
    All poisoning deaths

• Number of deaths: 42,917
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 13.9
    All firearm deaths

• Number of deaths: 31,672
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.3
    Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2010, table 1

What are you trying to get at? Guns are safer than cars? Never.

“But even constitutional rights should have regulations.”

That made me want to puke. Not even joking.
    Isn't Gary the "Detroit" of Indiana?

One of the places needing a gun should be a given.........

Nope, more like the Chicago of Indiana.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    This isn't truly propaganda, it's more of a flavored attack. Get people to side one direction as a lifestyle, then change the direction and their lifestyle will follow. It's for the 'greater good', and not for the individual anymore.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Actually the idea that clergy would bypass the source of sin, man's fallen nature, and blame an instrument, suggests that perhaps they are not as familiar with the Good Book as they ought to be.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    “Guns are an issue in our community. We will be churches not just on Sunday. Monday to Monday, 365 days a week, we must be the churches and must declare war on war,” said Bishop Norman Hairston Jr. of Zion Progressive Cathedral International in Gary.

Boy 365 days in a week. They can't get any truth in this article!

Top Bottom