• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Minnesota seems to be the epicenter of stupid right now.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    We may or may not find out, just depends on how woke the white teachers are. If they're truly woke they won't sue or complain. While its complete BS I will admit to taking pleasure hearing of the rubber meeting the road for some of these people.

I had the same reaction. My first thought was that I will laugh when this happens to my woke nephew.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's why the Left had to change the definition of racism is so that the federal non-discrimination laws don't get used against them. By all means lets go back to segregation. I'm sure it'll be fine to set race relations back 50 years or so... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Leo

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We may or may not find out, just depends on how woke the white teachers are. If they're truly woke they won't sue or complain. While its complete BS I will admit to taking pleasure hearing of the rubber meeting the road for some of these people.
    Yes, Me too. I see being "Woke up" far differently than way too many douche bags.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's why the Left had to change the definition of racism is so that the federal non-discrimination laws don't get used against them. By all means lets go back to segregation. I'm sure it'll be fine to set race relations back 50 years or so... :rolleyes:
    Obummer did that by 25 years. Or he tried like hell.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I cannot imagine how this can be legal.
    Actually, according to the article, there is now a state statute that allows for this and, according to State Representative, Jeremy Munson, R-MN, per the article, "State Rep. Jeremy Munson (R-MN) slammed the new policy, which reportedly mirrors a new Minnesota statute."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Actually, according to the article, there is now a state statute that allows for this and, according to State Representative, Jeremy Munson, R-MN, per the article, "State Rep. Jeremy Munson (R-MN) slammed the new policy, which reportedly mirrors a new Minnesota statute."
    I'm not seeing how it mirrors it.

“Section E of State Statute includes the new text between the “**”: In addition to developing a Staff Development Plan, the Staff Development Advisory Committee also must develop teacher mentoring programs for teachers new to the profession **or school district, including teaching residents, teachers of color, teachers who are American Indian, teachers in license shortage areas, teachers with special needs,** or experienced teachers in need of peer coaching,” Munson continued.

Nothing there about paying anyone more based upon race. They try to justify it by throwing out the mentor tag, but that is nonsense.

Sapp led the way in having the board vote to amend district policy directing that only non-white teachers can receive “additional stipends” so they can ostensibly become mentors to other non-white colleagues. The new policy will begin “placing American Indian educators at sites with other American Indian educators and educators of color at sites with other educators of color.”

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Natural outcome of affirmative action and racial quotas. Neither was based on merit, simply based on sex and race. Once merit is subtracted from the equation, favor goes to whichever group screams foul the loudest.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm not seeing how it mirrors it.

Nothing there about paying anyone more based upon race. They try to justify it by throwing out the mentor tag, but that is nonsense.
    I did not say the statute actually existed, what I said was, 'According to the article...' which sounds more and more like an excuse than a reason for the pay difference (aka, 'additional stipends')
    It's just another way for them to show favoritism or to financially elevate one individual over another based merely on race or sex instead of based on merit, years of experience, qualifications or training, etc.

Top Bottom