• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Gun Shops that have knowledgeable women behind the counter are way ahead of the curve. I did say knowledgeable not just pretty. Tomlinsons is fortunate enough to have both. :):

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Definitely not a bad thing, but shotgunners aren't the most ardent 2A supporters. At the end of the piece the lady makes a distinction between handguns, which she associates with violence, and shotgun shooting. There are plenty of shotgunners who would let the politicians outlaw handguns and evil black guns, etc.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Definitely not a bad thing, but shotgunners aren't the most ardent 2A supporters. At the end of the piece the lady makes a distinction between handguns, which she associates with violence, and shotgun shooting. There are plenty of shotgunners who would let the politicians outlaw handguns and evil black guns, etc.

While I agree with this, fortunately it's not just shotgun sports that are seeing a big jump in the number of women participants. Firearm interest from women is up across the board. For example, the club I belong to just held their very first "women's introduction to shooting" class yesterday, where participants received some instruction on proper handling and safety procedures and then got to fire both a pistol and a revolver (all .22). There were 42 women in the class. I couldn't believe it. Of the ones I talked to there were 2 who had fired a long gun once before but had never fired a handgun. The rest had never fired a gun of any kind.

It's a good sign.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    It's good to see some numbers on this. I have been seeing more women at gun shops making purchases, and thought to myself; "more women seem to be getting into firearms." This is a good thing. Yes knowledgeable women working at a gun store does put them ahead of the curve, IMO, because I think women are more apt to trust a fellow female in opinion on firearms then men. Not to say that salesMEN are misleading, but I think, that when a woman hears another woman say; "I can shoot this no problem, and I really like it" It's easier for them to believe they can handle the firearm. Whereas with men I think at times some women are apprehensive as to whether they can handle the firearm or not, either due to the man's size or some other factor.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    wish the fiance would. they scare her for some reason
    My wife was scared of guns when we first got married. There were none in her parents' home when she was growing up. She eventually came around. Some of the reasons, I think, is that she knew that there would be firearms in our home and I would be gone for periods of time and being that there was no family or friends around, so she wanted to learn how to defend herself, safely with a firearm. At first she wasn't keen on my carrying a concealed pistol, but now has her handgun license and handgun of her choice. My advice would be not to press the issue, but always be clear on where you stand on the issue of firearms ownership.

Top Bottom