• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    BGF sells a good Vortex scope for $169 from what I was told but they didnt have any in stock and I didnt get to see it.

Alan (A&A optics) (42769vette) sells Vortex scopes on here. He's a site supporter, will match prices, and has great customer service. Check him out if you're in the market.

majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm not sure I want by the shop I usually go to and they had nothing in stock. I don't really want to go with a bent bolt so I will need something with long eye relief or maybe (thats a big maybe) a red dot.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm not sure I want by the shop I usually go to and they had nothing in stock. I don't really want to go with a bent bolt so I will need something with long eye relief or maybe (thats a big maybe) a red dot.

A red dot at 169 would be the strikefire. I have them in stock. The strikefire also comes with a screw in 2x magnifier.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    is that worth getting or is it cheap junk? do you have any long eye relief for $200 or less?

I dont believe Ive ever sold one for a mosin, but of the few hundred Ive sold Ive only had 1 with issues.

the crossfire 2 I originally recomended has pretty long eyerelief for a scoep (around 4 inches) Im not sure if your talking about long eye relief, or a EER (extended eye relief) scope. If your looking for a EER scope (6+inches eye releif) I dont mess with them. They limit your field of view to much for me to be able to recomend them.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I would be mounting the scope on the rear sights of the gun, so its a good 6" to 7"

I got nothing, and EER scope really limit your FOV wich is why I dont mess with them. MY shot at it is either bend the bolt and use a normal scope, or mount a red dot, or use the gun with Irons. The mosin is not really set up for optics, so you will have to make some compromises. A EER scope would be to much compromise for me.

majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    well If you have any links to what you think is the best option for my mosin please share them, whether its a red dot or a just a scope (I may have to get a bent bolt).

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    well If you have any links to what you think is the best option for my mosin please share them, whether its a red dot or a just a scope (I may have to get a bent bolt).

If it were my gun and wanting to keep it on the cheaper side This is the scope I would run at 129 with the bdc reticle. Im assuming that the thought of a red dot means you dont plan to shoot past 400-500 yards.

Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 2-7x32 Dead-Hold BDC

If you do plan to shoot longer ranges I would go with the second scope at 189

Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 4-12x40 AO Dead-Hold BDC

Top Bottom