Mosin still lethal! Video (caution:course language and graphic)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCSDWM0J-L8]YouTube - Hog Hunting - Best Shot Ever[/ame]

Can't really see the rifle well but you can tell what it is.Centuries old and still will kill @ 300 yds +.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm gonna be a party pooper...

But what kind of "hunter" takes a shot at any quarry with a firearm they've never shot before? Especially at a "ranged" 350 yard shot. Idiotic.

-J-

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why would you have any doubt about a Mosin hitting a target at 350 yards? I'm not a mosin fanatic by any means (in fact, aside from historical value, I don't really like them), but it's an accurate rifle, and in skilled hands it could probably be accurate out to 500 yards or so.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why would you have any doubt about a Mosin hitting a target at 350 yards? I'm not a mosin fanatic by any means (in fact, aside from historical value, I don't really like them), but it's an accurate rifle, and in skilled hands it could probably be accurate out to 500 yards or so.

I'm not doubting "the rifle" nor the cartridge. But the history alone doesn't mean jack squat "in the real world".

Would you carry a defensive firearm without testing it out?

Checking for in-general functionality?

Point-of-aim vs. point-of impact? How about the same at various distances? How about the same with differing kinds of ammunition?

Irresponsible hunting, in my opinion.

what ended up being a "good shot/kill" could very well have been a gut or a hind-leg shot that would've led to unnecessary suffering for the animal; something I don't agree with.

-J-

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I'm not doubting "the rifle" nor the cartridge. But the history alone doesn't mean jack squat "in the real world".

Would you carry a defensive firearm without testing it out?

Checking for in-general functionality?

Point-of-aim vs. point-of impact? How about the same at various distances? How about the same with differing kinds of ammunition?

Irresponsible hunting, in my opinion.

what ended up being a "good shot/kill" could very well have been a gut or a hind-leg shot that would've led to unnecessary suffering for the animal; something I don't agree with.

-J-

I don't remember exactly what he said, besides that it was his first time shooting with that rifle. But how do YOU KNOW that it wasn't someone elses rifle that had used it before for hog hunting?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom