• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Hey guys, I have a 500 AT that the slide is sticking on. I took it apart and looked at it and gave everything a thin coat of oil and reassembled it and still sticks. What it does is when you pull the slide back aggressively as to make a positive reload it sticks in the rear. You have to put some pretty good pressure on it to slide it back forward. If you do it gently it's fine...????? I tried to research it and can't find anything specific on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Did you somehow manage to bend your shell stop did you?

If I remember right you can get your shell stop and the bar of the pump wedged and it can make the action stick/stiff/not work

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Completely strip the shotgun, see if something is visually off, put it back together, see if it still have the same problem.

If so, let the buyer know

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Single bar on the pump or dual bar. Single bar ones are known to bend out a bit causing problems. Might need a new part if it bent and can't be bent back. Once bent back they often re-bend.

have an older 410 camper pistol grip with the single slide bar. Pain in the arse but it belonged to a friend who passed and I just bend it back when it acts up. Maybe I should fix it. Makes a cool early tree rat gun.

Top Bottom