• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKEDnLOADED

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Hobart
    So I'm new to the shotgun world and I just recently purchased a mossberg 500a for a really good price but I'm starting to regret getting it. Can anyone help me out on a good forend to purchase that will actually fit the action tube without having to replace it? I bought a mako tri railed forend but it was way to short. Any help would be appreciated!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm a Remington guy, but I believe there are 2 different size Mossberg forends that are not interchangeable. Someone will be along shortly with more info.

Armored Saint

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Columbus, Indiana
    Don't jump ship just yet. I have used Remington for about 20 years, but recently purchased 2 Mossberg 500s. I shot both Mossy's and I really liked the action. Be patient with the Mossy's and see what's out there. They may grow on you like they did me!

GLOCKEDnLOADED

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Hobart
    I'm definitely going to give it a try. I've only had her for a few weeks and I don't have anything to compare her to since I've never even fired a shotgun before. Its just kind of a let down that the 870 seems to have all types of accessories readily available but I can't find anything for my 500 let alone anything that fits the shorter actin tube!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Mossberg 500's rock, there are a ton of aftermarket goods for them. Take your time and measure before you order and it should work out well. I've always had Mossbergs and Winchesters, never owned an 870. My brother has one and it shoots well but doesn't seem any better than my boom sticks. I do love my 590 though. :):

Scoe3202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Im happy to see this post as im looking to get into hunting and ive been informed the 12g is best and ovw beem dorected to the 870 express.

Top Bottom