Mossberg Needs New Trigger Assembly - Any gunsmiths familiar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have a mossberg pump that will not dry fire. I am assuming from operation, or lack there of, that the sear is bad and is not engaging the hammer. I have a call into Mossberg to see how much a new trigger assembly will be... any other suggestions? Once I get the new tigger, anyone comfortable in walking me through the process of installation, or close to Noblesville that would assist for a nominal gunsmith fee? I am comfortable doing it, as it seems fairly simple...but I most certainly would at least like some validation.

Thanks!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have a mossberg pump that will not dry fire. I am assuming from operation, or lack there of, that the sear is bad and is not engaging the hammer. I have a call into Mossberg to see how much a new trigger assembly will be... any other suggestions? Once I get the new tigger, anyone comfortable in walking me through the process of installation, or close to Noblesville that would assist for a nominal gunsmith fee? I am comfortable doing it, as it seems fairly simple...but I most certainly would at least like some validation.

Thanks!

Before you go replacing it, try this:

Get some G96 or CLP and spray the living crap out of it.

Wash it out with Dawn dish soap and hot water.

Blow it out, preferably with compressed air, but drying with a hairdryer would work as well.

Lightly lube it.

What you have described is one of two things that can happen when the trigger group gets all gunked up. The other is that, when you live fire, it feels as if you've applied the safety. You wait for a few minutes and you'll suddenly be able to fire it again.

I'm about 1.5 hours north of you. It's a straightforward procedure. If, however, you cannot get it, I'll be more than glad to help, either over the phone, on here, or in person. I do not yet have my gunsmithing license yet, however, so you'd have to be present and I would not accept any payment, period.

It looks like a vid has been posted. I've not viewed it but it's really hard to mess up. Just punch out the pin and pull it out.

I will be surprised if Mossberg sends you a new trigger group as they tend to want to install them at the factory.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Thanks to all for the help. I appreciate it! Mossberg was actually quite nice to work with on the phone. I spoke to one of their product folks, and he had me do a few things to the gun to "test" it, which wasn't much different than racking the slide and messing with the safety and trigger. He indicated it was the trigger assembly, and offered to send me one for free. He said I of course had to return mine first, as it was a restricted part, and they had to have the old one first. He gave me some directions and was great to work with.

Thanks again for the help....may need more in the future!

Top Bottom