Mossberg Persuader 20 inch barrel, 8 round count.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have a remington 870 that I use for hunting and love the gun. I have been thinking about buying a home defense gun with the extra capacity and have been drawn to the look of the Mossberg Persuader. It has the 20 inch barrel with the mag tube that appears equally as long.

For all I read, most people love their mossberg 500s. Does anyone have his particular gun who could share some comments on likes, dislikes?

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I bought a KSG. 15 rounds of 12 gauge persuasion in a much smaller package. If you get a Persuader do get the full stock and not the pistol grip.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have a Moss. 500 which I bought as a combo in 1991 or 92. Excellent gun which has never failed. I think the 870 and 500 are pretty much on par. I prefer the 500 as I shoot long guns lefty and the tang mounted safety is more functional for me.

If you love your 870, I would consider a second of what you know.

Last edited:

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Great choice. Some say the 20" is too long. Some say the "Mossberg rattle" is too loud for quiet work in the home. I disagree on both counts. I have both a Mossberg and a Remington stashed around the house.

My personal HD shotty is a 590A1 so I could throw the bayonet on there too and have a less lethal option. Story after story tells about bad people unafraid of being shot but the moment they're going to get poked with a sharp stick they comply.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have the exact Mossberg 500 20" persuader that you are talking about. It has been my primary HD gun for a couple years now. I put a 6 shell side saddle on it. SO between that and the mag tub full +1, I figure I could fight off a small invasion force :)

I love Mossy 500's primarily because of the tang mount safety. I also have a Remington 870 and dig it too. You really cannot go wrong either way. But that extended mag tube on the 20" Persuader will really put you at ease.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Why not just get a Remington barrel and mag extension for the 870 you already are familiar with? It would be cheaper and the change back and forth from hunting to HD would only take a few minutes.

One of my HD shotguns wears a 26 inch barrel so 20 inch is not too long, but the longer the barrel the longer the extension tube you can use, my 1100 holds 10+1.

Top Bottom