Most comfortable CC IWB holster...Opinions Please...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I have an Aliengear 2.0 that I modified to fit my body style better...it made the holster 10 times more comfortable.

Crossbreed is nice...IF you don't own anything you sit on that is made of leather. Those steel clips will destroy leather seats in no time.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I have an Aliengear 2.0 that I modified to fit my body style better...it made the holster 10 times more comfortable.

Crossbreed is nice...IF you don't own anything you sit on that is made of leather. Those steel clips will destroy leather seats in no time.

Didn't know that thanks for the input.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I don't think I'd want to carry a full size or 1911 in that position:stickpoke: Friend of mine got his (after waiting 14 weeks) said it's pretty comfortable with a CZ P-07. I'm thinking a Glock 26, 27, 19, 23, or 43 will be comfortable.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    From what I have seen, any leather/kydex AND A GOOD GUN BELT will serve you well.

My preference is on the SuperTuck (I own 4) . I can tell the difference when I am in a hurry and throw on my supertuck in a rush while wearing my web belt if I dont change into my gun belt. So belts are a key factor in comfort and ride.

Just know that you get what you pay for. While others here like their aliengear at over half the cost of a supertuck or CompTac, I sent mine back due to shoddy (and dangerous IMHO) workmanship. YMMV.

I agree with Cameramonkey 100%
    The crossbreed super tuck is hard to beat. I also sent an aliengear holster back for the same reasons as cameramonkey

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I carry a 30s most of the time. It rides in either an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 at 4:30-5:00 or a Raw Dog Defender Pro Series at about 1:30. My SOE EDC Low Profile Belt makes carrying a wonderful experience. If you're a budget guy like me, these are the best options IMO.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    IMO is the crossbreed supertuck. As stated above the belt plays a huge role though. I carry a Glock 27 in a supertuck with the Daltech Super Bio Belt.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    For, IWB, I love both the AlienGear Cloak Tuck 2.0 (haven't tried the 3.0), and the Old Faithful IWB.

And I'll echo those who say that your choice of belt is critically importance for quality/comfort of carry, regardless of holster choice. Don't judge a holster by how it wears on an inferior belt.

Wow, you can't beat the guarantee on the Old Faithful.

Take our STUNNING 30 Day Challenge.

The rules are simple. Wear our holster for a month. If you don't agree that it's the most comfortable and concealable holster you've ever worn, we'll give you your money back and YOU CAN KEEP THE GUN HOLSTER. NOBODY else is confident enough to make that offer. - See more at: Assembled - Inside the Waistband - Hip - Gun Holster - Old Faithful Holsters

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wow, you can't beat the guarantee on the Old Faithful.

Take our STUNNING 30 Day Challenge.

The rules are simple. Wear our holster for a month. If you don't agree that it's the most comfortable and concealable holster you've ever worn, we'll give you your money back and YOU CAN KEEP THE GUN HOLSTER. NOBODY else is confident enough to make that offer. - See more at: Assembled - Inside the Waistband - Hip - Gun Holster - Old Faithful Holsters

And it is darn comfortable. The only advantage that Alien Gear has over it is ease of removing the holster. I can pull the Alien Gear off my belt with my belt still buckled. With the Old Faithful, I have to unbuckle my belt and unfasten my pants. (There's an INGO joke in there, somewhere...)

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    IMO one of the hybrid holsters are the most comfortable. I have worn a crossbreed supertuck for several years and love it my second choice is the Crossbreed kwick clipbut any of the hybrids should be similar.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I carry a 1911 and use Karmer Horse hide IWB. Started carrying using Karmer within a year or two after he started. I have carried a 1911 for about 60 years using the IWB for about 30 +/- years. Right now I carry a STI 6" Perfect 10 for 8 to 15 hours a day 7 days a week. You need a very good belt not a Wal-Mart special. I use Kramer’s. I have a box full of rejects I have tried over the years. I have given presentations with a jacket and tie and none of the people had any idea I was armed. You came re-holster with one hand, can’t do that with a lot of holsters. It is all leather which moves and gives where the "plastic" don't a lot of the time. If you fall on your holster and it isn't leather it hurts.

Top Bottom