• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    S&W 22A. Bought in 2002 and it was dead-nuts accurate. I could shoot two inch groups at 25 yrds without trying. Happily ate mini-mags, stingers, bulk ammo.

Then one day it just quit feeding anything. If it didn't fail to feed, it failed fire. If it failed to fire it failed to eject. I had no idea that S&W would fix it and eat the shipping. I had no money to fix it and a couple gunsmiths I talked to said it was junk. I traded it at a steep loss on a 10/22. It's left a bad taste in my mouth on S&W rimfire and i've passed on a few decent deals. Still looking for a rimfire pistol to add to the collection.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    An H&K USP Compact.

It had everything. Decocker. Cocked and locked carry capability, 9mm, stainless slide. It should have been the perfect gun.
    BUT...
    It was terribly inaccurate for me.
    I could not hit a 40 lb dog food bag at 7 feet!!!
    The trigger was horrible.
    It felt like there was sand in the mechanism.
    You could not find parts and if you did they were outrageous high.
    Extra High cap mags were non existent.
    and on and on.

I sold it for what I paid for it though.
    And I told the guy that bought it it was junk, but he bought it anyway.:rockwoot:

Thanks for that info. That was one of the guns on my list to check out at the 1500 this weekend. Your info combined with the high price would warrant checking that off the list.

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    I was into guns when i was younger 12-15yrs old. Last spring at 32 i decided to get a handgun for defence. So i went to the gun show in richmond last spring. I looked around, and saw a great deal on Jimenez Arms JA NINE(200$ new). I asked th guy behind the counter if they were any good. He said they were great and he shot them all the time, So i bought one. It jammed every other shot, no matter what ammo i used. Then the frame cracked after 200 rounds. So i got in touch with Jimenez arms and they had me send it back. I had to pay for shipping.(50$ fedex) Since the frame was cracked they sent me a new gun, so i had to have it shipped to an ffl as it was a "new gun" another 30$(transfer fee) This gun was worse than the original, it looked used and again wouldnt shoot more than 1 or 2 rounds without jamming. I called Jimenez arms and they said to send it back. now this gun was quickly turning into a money pit for me so i decided to instead sell it at the indy 1500. Of course everyone knows what POS they are and wouldnt buy it. Then i come to a table that has some for sale. I ask himif hes interested , he said"ya aint gonnna like what i offer" and offered me 100$ for it. I took it. While he was digging out the $ i realized that this was the guy i bought it from originally!! I couldnt believe it. Karma i guess. I looked into Jimenez arms and i found out they are the reincarnation of Jennings/bryco/etc. Apparently they were making pistols in California but they wouldnt pass the safety test. So they moved to Nevada where there is no safety test. I have read noting but bad things from other owners(slides cracking and hitting shooters in the face was the one i read most. Im sure most of you allready know JA is crap. But for those of you who don't. Run don't walk away from these dangerous POS.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    mine would have to be probly the hi point 9, when they first come out i heard great reviews so i got one and just about the time i got it broke in it started falling apart.

Send the parts back or part of them and you will get it all fixed with the newest stuff they have for free.

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    I have an 1187 that might as well be a double barrel. The damn thing won't feed the 3rd shell. I have to push my thumb into the shell in the magazine to make it pop out enough to feed when I pull back the action. 9 1187's prior without a lick of problems.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    mine would have to be probly the hi point 9, when they first come out i heard great reviews so i got one and just about the time i got it broke in it started falling apart.

Send the parts back or part of them and you will get it all fixed with the newest stuff they have for free.

Yep. And if it's really bad, you will likely get a new gun. Also, they usually send you a spare mag for your trouble, from what I hear.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Puma Lever gun, 44mag. Always wanted one, loved the classic looks, I've shot 6" pistols that held better groups. It wasn't just mine either, one of the shops that I "hang out" at had 4 of us fellers with these and none of them shot worth a darn. What i call crappy isn't what all of those guys called unacceptable and I was happy for the ones that were happy. It's not just the 6" groups @ 50 yards It was the fact you never knew where in the 6" the next bullet was going. I tried 30 different bullet/length/powder variations to no avail. The amish guy who bought it couldn't be happier. He said if he could hit a pie plate @ 50 yards he was happy.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    worst ever

The worst POS was a S&W sigma .40< the thing never failed to fire one time but it also never shot in the same place two shots in a row!

The GSG5 was the most disappointing and most boring gun I have ever owned!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The most disappointing would have to be the 2 Bersa Thunder .380 handguns I bought for my wife and daughter.

My wife's was the Beras .380CC and my daughter's is still her Duo-Tone .380. They both absolutely loved their respective handgun, but each one suffered the well-known, but manufacturer ignored "Disconnecter Spring Break" issue. It amazes me that some companies ignore known problems, and the devoted user community will even understate an issue to the detriment of every other customer. Take a look at the BersaTalk forums to see how often people lose the ability to pull the trigger on their firearm, and how quickly the complaining threads are deleted. Sad.

Bersa makes fine handguns, but the newer batches of the Thunder .380 line have a real issue that could cost lives.

My daughter's Bersa is repaired, and almost never used. My wife's was traded after it was replaced with a brand new Bersa... My wife decided to replace it with a dependable revolver... Smart girl!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    H&R 44 mag single shot rifle. Heck, I even bought two, so my wife had one. She hated it, as did I. I know a lot of people who love theirs, not me.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    H&R 44 mag single shot rifle. Heck, I even bought two, so my wife had one. She hated it, as did I. I know a lot of people who love theirs, not me.

Since I've considered this rifle more than once, as has my wife, I'm curious what you didn't like about it?

Top Bottom