• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have not used it for anyting more than my 1/4 acre lot, but last year (in anticipation of moving to our 6 acres) we bought a 52" scag ztr. it was used with 340 hours on it and we bought it for 3200. I don't look forward to mowing regardless of what I am mowing with.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Pretty sure this is the most expensive thing I own.
    IMG_9120.jpg

ccrubaugh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    fishers
    Id have to say all of my tools even in the short amount of time in home ownership. Its addicting to fix stuff even if you don't know what the hell you are doing.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Besides your house and modes of transportation, what is the most expensive item you own? My wife has a baby grand piano, but she worked, saved and bought it on her own. I suppose my most valuable item would be my Hammerli 208S target pistol.
    My wife is the most expensive thing I have! She empties my wallet shortly after money hits it!

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Was enjoying this thread and it had me thinking. Other than my truck, what is mine? TV, dirt bike. No, no... now I remember, it's an engagement ring with a big ass rock in it!

The expensive, yet purposeless ring is just setting in a safety deposit box.

But not being married to a mean cheating beeaaach is PRICELESS. Luckily I figured it out before we tied the knot.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Johnson safe. $1600

If you ask my wife, the wedding ring on her finger that I bought her, $1995 + passed down center diamond, so ~ $4000

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My wife thinks her ring cost over 5,000 It was 1500. I don't have the heart to correct her. I have never told her exactly what I paid just said "a lot".... Her imagination came up with the 5.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Yes it is more than my modes of transportation……crazy isn't it……but its a lot more fun. Wife and I have a blast at Badlands and taking it to Hatfiled McCoy trails in WV. Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail XT.

On a side note I'm 53 now, when I was 23 I was dead broke, divorced, unemployed and in debt and didn't own nothing but car, had to sell all my guns, kept a shotgun to shoot stuff to eat when I could, had to sell everything including tv, tables and chairs…..barley afford a cheap apartment…..but I hung on to the Man upstairs and and He turned it around for me.

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Sounds like a couple of you need tractors with bush-hogs. Take that 3 hours of mowing down to 1.

I know we live in a credit society, but having everything paid off just rawks. My credit rating is deteriorating again, down in the seven hundreds, but I wouldn't change a thing. I just like to be able to put my hand to the titles of all these vehicles, and know nobody can legitimately come take any of my stuff. I can shoot them in the face if they try, and I own the tool to do that free and clear as well. Makes me feel like a... citizen, rather than a subject. I own my stuff, and I own me. Brings tears to my eyes.

I do appreciate the thing about the soul. I'm not of the faithful, but that just gets to me. Even though I'm not one of you, I'm on your side. I've been known to support the Thomas More Law Center, things like that. They do good works. I will stand with the Christians in any dispute. I won't let the doctrine be implemented as policy, but I won't let it be extinguished. I'm not so forgiving with some less tolerant faiths.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, and I just picked up a Johnson safe for $450 at a hotel closeout. Great bargain. Interestingly, that was the hotel where my first wedding reception was, back when it was called "Omni". It was most recently the Hilton, and they sold off everything, curtains, mattresses, TVs, the lot. Just not the fire extinguishers. I wanted a couple more of those :(

Top Bottom