• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    One of my co-workers snapped this pic about a month ago. We've kind of all decided that it's either a horrible hernia or he's a super stud. But I thought I'd throw it up on here to see what the experts of INGO think.

photo_zps2c281322.png

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I wonder what will happen during the rut. Most bucks can cover 5 or so miles during rut. I can't imagine walking 5 miles with that set between my legs. I think he has a tumor. An infection that large would have probably already killed him. A slow growing tumor or cyst would slowly stretch the skin and enlarge.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I killed a similar buck back in 2007. I watched him come out of the corn and could tell that he was hurting. I ended up putting an arrow through him at about 8 yards. I named him the "Big Nut Buck". I spoke to a veterinarian about his condition and it confirmed what I found when I gutted him. Basically they get a hernia and then a portion of the intestines drop into their sack. Then what happens is an painful blockage that fills up and leads to infection and ultimately death. When I gutted my buck like this, I did so very very carefully. I had a buddy with me when I did it. When we got done we decided to cut his sack open and yep, **** blew everywhere under pressure. It was NASTY. I called a butcher who is part of the Farmers and Hunters Feed the Hungry program. He said to bring it to him and he would inspect the meat. He said if it looked good he would put it in their program and if it looked bad he would dispose of it. I figured he was the expert and I let him make the call. I never followed up to see what he did with it. The veterinarian that I spoke to after taking this buck confirmed everything that I had seen. He said it happens some times with cattle as well. He said that the buck would have most likely died a slow painful death.

Top Bottom