• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If only we were allowed to criticize politicians without the express written permission of hornadylnl.

It should be the first right, the first freedom. I'd call it the First Amendment.

Rotten INGO Brown Shirts always telling us what we can and cannot say!

Perhaps this is part of the Brown Shirt/Libertarian purity test? Are you PURE enough to exercise your Constitutional right to criticize your President?

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If only we were allowed to criticize politicians without the express written permission of hornadylnl.

It should be the first right, the first freedom. I'd call it the First Amendment.

Rotten INGO Brown Shirts always telling us what we can and cannot say!

Perhaps this is part of the Brown Shirt/Libertarian purity test? Are you PURE enough to exercise your Constitutional right to criticize your President?

You're now going to talk about the first amendment after telling others what religion they can practice?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Join the military or STFU, right?

As for your earlier snark regarding my service, I didn't ask for your gratitude nor do I want it and I know you damn well didn't mean it.

If you expect others to shed their blood for your foreign policy desires, the least you can do is strap on a pair and join the fight yourself. To do otherwise is cowardice. Isn't one of the qualities of a good leader to not ask others to do what you wouldn't do yourself?

Nah, we can absolve ourselves of any guilt for the soldiers who die because it was our government who sent those men to die, not the voters who push foreign policy by voting for those in office.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If I were to join the military it would be for the GI bill and to get some vocational skills

Never used the first ****ing dime of my $25,000 college fund that Uncle Sam took money out of my first several checks for.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As ISIS bears down on Baghdad, the Obama Regime is refusing to do anything, including preparing our embassy there for evacuation. Apparently, Baghdad is about to be Benghazied.

Our government doesn't care about it's own people. Why would we think they care about the Iraqi people? You'd think those who work in embassies would have been looking for a new line of work after Benghazi.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No. We simply disagree.

OK, so what do you base your opinion on? I lived there for 2 years and other than the weather being absolutely horrid, it wasn't bad. Like most places, it has its pro's and con's, but its far from a crap hole and destruction from horizon to horizon, nor is it universally anti-Western.

Been to Afghanistan and spent plenty of time all over the southern region - you can cross that one off the list - one big s#@t hole. Believe it. No comparison to say UAE - very rich area, westernized, strong economy. Depends where you go.

This. It is not homogeneous.

So go join the military and give every dollar you have for the cause. Or are you like Kirk and let somebody else shed their blood for your globalist desires?

I have a proposal. All future wars will be brought to a public vote. Anyone who votes yes is automatically drafted for the duration of the occupation.

That's the standard we're going to use? So if you don't become a prison guard and give every dollar you have to the criminal justice system, you can't support the incarceration of criminals? If you don't become a firefighter and give every dollar you have to it, you can't support not letting houses burn down? Anything less is letting someone else shed blood for your safety. Obviously hypocritical and cowardly if you aren't willing to fight fires while not working at the prison.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    OK, so what do you base your opinion on? I lived there for 2 years and other than the weather being absolutely horrid, it wasn't bad. Like most places, it has its pro's and con's, but its far from a crap hole and destruction from horizon to horizon, nor is it universally anti-Western.

This. It is not homogeneous.

That's the standard we're going to use? So if you don't become a prison guard and give every dollar you have to the criminal justice system, you can't support the incarceration of criminals? If you don't become a firefighter and give every dollar you have to it, you can't support not letting houses burn down? Anything less is letting someone else shed blood for your safety. Obviously hypocritical and cowardly if you aren't willing to fight fires while not working at the prison.

A more accurate description would criticizing every move the criminal justice system or fire department makes, have the opportunity to be a part of it and actually do something about it but run away.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The Kurds are willing to fight for their freedom, and may end up with a true independent state out of all this. That'd be huge, and frankly it would likely be a favorable outcome for the US. An independent Kurdish nation would be stable, is willing to export oil, and would provide some counterbalance to Iranian interests in the region.

This is from 2012:

Revenge of the Kurds | Foreign Affairs

Now fast forward to today where the Sunni/Shi'a clash is destabilizing northern Iraq and see who's stepping up to the plate:

Fighting in Iraq is helping Kurdish independence?and foreign oil companies ? Quartz

An early apparent loser in the Iraq upheaval is prime minister Nuri al-Maliki, who seems certain to come out of the fighting substantially weaker. And among the early winners is the autonomous region of Kurdistan that encompasses northern Iraq—Kurdistan and international oil companies that have defied Baghdad to work there now appear to have a clearer shot at exporting their crude.
    +

Over the last three years, Kurdistan has signed a series of contracts with foreign oil companies, including ExxonMobil, Chevron and France’s Total. Al-Maliki has complained bitterly about the deals, yet the companies have continued to explore and develop local oil fields, and the financial and political impact of this activity has given Kurdistan the effective status of semi-statehood.

Baghdad Residents Call for Kurdish Help to Stop Islamist Advance

Since Tuesday, the al-Qaeda splinter group the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has captured Mosul, Tikrit and other cities and towns, in a lightning advance that has seen Iraqi forces abandoning their weapons and posts, tearing off their uniforms and fleeing.

In Kurdish areas outside its official borders, the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in the north has moved in its own Peshmerga military to take over abandoned Iraqi Army positions, including in the multi-ethnic city of Kirkuk which is reportedly under full Peshmerga control.

Again, don't make the mistake of thinking of the people of Iraq as "Iraqis" in the same sense Americans consider themselves American, the sense of nationalism is not there. That's an accident of birth to them, not much more. Its more akin to you considering yourself a Hoosier, and while you may have some traditions and the like associated with that, you don't really identify as "Hoosier" as much as you identify yourself by your nationality, race, family, etc. You probably get more of your identity from your occupation than your home state.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As for your earlier snark regarding my service, I didn't ask for your gratitude nor do I want it and I know you damn well didn't mean it.

If you expect others to shed their blood for your foreign policy desires, the least you can do is strap on a pair and join the fight yourself. To do otherwise is cowardice. Isn't one of the qualities of a good leader to not ask others to do what you wouldn't do yourself?

Nah, we can absolve ourselves of any guilt for the soldiers who die because it was our government who sent those men to die, not the voters who push foreign policy by voting for those in office.
    My point behind the previous post you mentioned was did you approve of our involvement in that conflict? If not then how come you didn't wrap yourself up in all your self righteousness and go Berghdahl?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My point behind the previous post you mentioned was did you approve of our involvement in that conflict? If not then how come you didn't wrap yourself up in all your self righteousness and go Berghdahl?

I didn't vote for the policy that sent people to Bosnia while running away from it myself like so many chicken hawks are want to do.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You're now going to talk about the first amendment after telling others what religion they can practice?

Yes, I am going to talk about the First Amendment and claim my right to criticize my government. Your Libertarian bully boy tactics have no impact on me. I will exercise my rights.

Foreigners do not have a First Amendment right, anymore than the Nazis have a "right" to kill Jews or the Japanese have a right to levy war on the United States of America and conquer Asia.

The way to destroy our enemy is to destroy his will to fight. We do this by introducing a retrovirus into Islam.

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Never used the first ****ing dime of my $25,000 college fund that Uncle Sam took money out of my first several checks for.

Man you missed out. I got an engineering degree and a job out of the GI bill.

@Hornadylnl

Is it your view that wars are never justified or is just these wars? Under what circumstance would war be justified?

Top Bottom