• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Turn on the news for 5 minutes while getting ready.

This one works everytime. If you you need a better constant reminder then do this. Put a beautiful picture of your loved ones on your homescreen of cell phone. Then subscribe to news alerts on your favorite news app. Every morning I retrieve my phone from charger with new alert of shooting or home invasions etc, then I go grab my EDC and get ready for the day. Seems to be plenty of motivation for me!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The last time I left my house without a gun I left it in the nightstand. Of course that was the day I returned home to find my house broken into.

The thought of walking into my house and getting shot with my own gun was enough to ensure I never will leave home without one again.

ThatOneKid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    Batesville
    Being shot 4 times. After I got my LTCH I have left the house 3 times without a firearm for the past several years and I carry a big gun. I don't like mouse or baby guns nor am I a big fan of wheel guns even though I have a few. I don't go to states I can't carry in or buy products from those states.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    The issue I have presently is "how big of a gun do I carry". Like hummmm .32 always, 9mm high cap or .45 1911 as primary. Decisions, decisions.

ravenwoodranch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Martinsville
    i usually carry, everybelt i have is a gun belt or can support a weapon, and my holsters are paddle. but i carry because you never know when you will need it and the one time you dont have it is the time you will need it

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    This may add a little motivation. Not trying to be paranoid but this kind of thing actually happens.

Carry on and stay safe..

P320 Entry: "I'll Only Be Out For A Few Minutes" - The Truth About Guns

That's exactly the story I was going to quote! :)

Seriously, make time. I have to use different holsters for different clothing so I always at least have my concealed carry purse ready. If I oversleep or something, I can put my gun in that, put it on, and walk out the door.

I keep my holsters in a small duffle bag now, that goes with me. I often have reasons to change clothing during the day, so that can mean changing holsters as well.

The hardest time for me to keep a gun ready is actually at home. I want to relax, or I get tired of the sweat or chafing from a holster. If this happens, I switch to a different holster and gun.

The more I carry, the more reluctant I am to "go naked".

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    This may add a little motivation. Not trying to be paranoid but this kind of thing actually happens.

Carry on and stay safe..

P320 Entry: "I'll Only Be Out For A Few Minutes" - The Truth About Guns

And he wasn't even in the bad part of town. I think I'm gonna save this one for the next time someone asks me why I feel the need to carry all the time.

On a side note, the people in the comments would ***** a brick if they knew that I don't even have doors on my Jeep to lock for at least 6 months out of the year. Heck, even now I have the doors on, but no side or rear windows. Oh well :dunno:

stay safe, everyone!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    EBOLA/FERGUSON sounds like a kids name these days, just don't leave home without it. They may take it from your cold dead hands, but you had a chance. Motivation enough.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Being shot 4 times. After I got my LTCH I have left the house 3 times without a firearm for the past several years and I carry a big gun. I don't like mouse or baby guns nor am I a big fan of wheel guns even though I have a few. I don't go to states I can't carry in or buy products from those states.

HOLY CRAP!

Was that four times in one incident, or multiple incidents when you were shot??

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Ok, I want to hear your story.

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I remember that I'm damaged from a life in the military and can no longer run away from danger and that I'll have to defend myself the best way possible. I'll take a whoopin in a hand to hand if I have to but the second a weapon comes out I will defend my or the lives near me to the best of my ability... If I'm not carrying, I'd be ill equipped.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I don't feel like carrying a gun, I carry a Glock. When I am into guns and want something I like on me, I carry a 1911. I'm not knocking Glocks at all, but have just noticed that when I am focused on the car hobby, I tend to just grab a G23 for daily carry. When the cars are all running well and there are no immediate project on the line, I tend to think about guns and when that happens, I generally carry a 1911. But, in either case, I carry. Not messing with a gun is like not wanting to mess with pants. Never happened and most likely never will.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Because I've been in two situations in my life when I was totally helpless in a dangerous situation. And several years ago I just didn't feel like strapping on my Kimber to make a quick trip to town with my wife. Ten minutes later a car passed us and the passenger hung half way out and waved his arms and jerked his head around like a wild man. I looked at my wife and vowed never again.

And for the real kicker - google up "Gilligan family murders, Evansville, IN 1980" and be prepared for a truly sickening story of what can happen if you come home and walk in on a burglar.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    What do you all do when you have the lack of motivation to carry your gun??? I always go in spurts where I just don't feel like messing with my gun belt, holster, etc. I do have a LCP that I'll throw in my pocket. How do you all stay motivated to carry mid to large size guns every day??

Thanks
    I've been carrying for almost 4 decades. So long, in fact, I give it no 'thought'. it's no different than dressing to leave the house and putting on shoes, or pants, or sticking my wallet in my back pocket.

It's not 'motivation'. It's 'habit'.

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Carry often enough and you'll feel weird without it.....
    carry mid/lrg size gun often enough and you'll feel weird carrying your lcp. I have a P3AT that isn't getting carried much for that reason. But!......any gun on you, is better than the mostest awesomest gun left at home in the safe.

Top Bottom