• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would most likely motivate a terrorist to die trying to kill us?

• Total voters

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The distinction between flying planes into buildings and bombing them into rubble is simple: We didn't attack Afghanistan. They sponsored an attack on us. The planes hit us first.

And they justified their terrorism by claiming that we hit first.

So if we had, in fact, hit first then what they did would be A-OK?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Simple fact of the matter. We don't know what the real story of any of these, bombings or attacks really is. Unless we were there we can only regurgitate what we've heard in the news. That's the sad truth...

Instead of wondering what would make a person do this.... Why don't you say "Who stands to gain from this attack?!"

When you follow the $MONEY$ it usually leads right back to the people who tell you the story in the first place... Some call it terrorism, some call it theology, I call it JOB SECURITY!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It was a hypothetical question. Hypothetically, if we had attacked first, they would have been justified in their 9/11 attacks?

But we didn't attack first. Their foreign policy seems to be "butt their noses into other countries' business", no? The same thing they whine about regarding us? We'd done nothing to Afghanistan, and they had no legitimate reason to sponsor an attack on us.

Who put the Taliban and Bin Laden in charge of who the Saudis are allowed to invite into their country, anyway? Why do we have to mind OUR own business, even though we were INVITED there, but THEY are free to meddle in the affairs of other countries as much as they apparently want? Maybe they should learn to "mind their own business."

As to your hypothetical, if we had attacked them without provocation, then I would expect them to fight. Just as we would. It would be hypocritical of me to expect anything less. That said, I would still choose my country over theirs, and expect us to fight to win.

What, no answer? :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom