• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beachhead40

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    North Of Indy
    I know one thing, if I didn't get to my trunk gun first, I know I would have made them bounce off my rear end in the bottle neck, ran over hell o lot more of them with my SUV. I would have also locked my doors. The Ten Dollar Covert Rifle Carry Option - YouTube I like the hidden in plain sight in your car, a thief isn't going to think to steal your tennis racket if car is broken in too, but I don't agree with carrying around, for the hell of it.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So no one here thinks that MAYBE the suv was too close to the bikes to start with?
    I thought you were supposed to ALWAYS be in control of YOUR vehicle.
    my point being, if he was in control and didn't bump the first bike, there never would have been any problem.

And come on, "wild pack" of motorcyclists? Only one or two got anywhere near "wild" or out of control.

What would YOU do if a friend was just run over and almost (or) killed by an SUV?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know one thing, if I didn't get to my trunk gun first, I know I would have made them bounce off my rear end in the bottle neck, ran over hell o lot more of them with my SUV. I would have also locked my doors. The Ten Dollar Covert Rifle Carry Option - YouTube I like the hidden in plain sight in your car, a thief isn't going to think to steal your tennis racket if car is broken in too, but I don't agree with carrying around, for the hell of it.
    Any thief would certainly be interested in something as bulky as that case! Tennis racquets lay flat. There is obviously something else worth looking at in that case. And if the thief just touched or moved the case, he would know its not racquets.
    also, a thief should know that he could possibly sell some high priced tennis racquets at a decent price.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    So no one here thinks that MAYBE the suv was too close to the bikes to start with?
    my point being, if he was in control and didn't bump the first bike, there never would have been any problem.

Except that video showed the first bike that was struck actually cut off the SUV and then brake-checked him. The SUV driver did get out to address that incident but retreated to his SUV as he began being outnumbered and intimidated by the other bikers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The wife of the biker he ran over is demanding the SUV driver be arrested. The police chief said he didn't see that happening.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Except that video showed the first bike that was struck actually cut off the SUV and then brake-checked him. The SUV driver did get out to address that incident but retreated to his SUV as he began being outnumbered and intimidated by the other bikers.
    It's hard to tell on my iPad, but didn't look to me like the guy hit his brakes that hard.(but maybe he did)
    Either way, that's when you dial 911. I doubt anyone would have been breaking windows or busting heads at that point. His big mistake was running over several bikes and riders after the initial incident.
    this doesn't look like a gang of outlaw bikers to me.

i ask again, what would YOU do if your friend was run over (intentionally) by an SUV and almost (or) killed?

swilk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    The story is he ran over the bikers because they were slashing his tires and attempting entry into his vehicle after the initial incident.

Have you seen the other videos of the incident and how the bikers were riding/acting?

Try to enter my vehicle (especially when my wife and child are inside) and things will not end well.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh

And come on, "wild pack" of motorcyclists? Only one or two got anywhere near "wild" or out of control.

What would YOU do if a friend was just run over and almost (or) killed by an SUV?

The Mob mentality is a dangerous thing.....

The reactions of an internet forum isn't going to even remotely compare to the perception by the SUV driver. I agree, backing up briskly would have diffused it pronto.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    Play Stupid Games- Win Stupid Prizes. Sadly this seems more and more what our society, or at least large portion of it , has become. Could have been ALOT worse for these morons- say with maybe a LTCH and a little formal training behind the wheel on the part of the genleman in the SUV?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    That is an easy question, if someone intentionally ran over my friend then I would call 911 and provide first aid . i would not go on a high speed chase and pull him out of the car and beat him in front of his wife and kid.

This wasnt even. intentional, the bikers were.all over the road, they were too close to the SUV. The biker pulled along side the SUV, then got right in front of it. he then turned his head around, and pushed on the brakes. the biker was doing it on purpose, who turns around and stares at a car while you brake right in front of them?

The driver made the right call when he ran them over. That was not a mistake. If it wasn't the right call then the driver would be facing charges. But it is said they were beating on his car and trying to gain entry.

In Indiana a car is the same as your home if occupied. Beating on the window is like beating on the window of your home. Opening the door is like opening someones front door.

I don't know how it works in NY but here he could have taken a lot more out.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

From what I could tell while watching the first video, as soon as the biker pulled a whopping 6 feet in front of him, he was already on his brakes. The bike was braking as well, but the guy in the SUV did brake. While the driver of the SUV is supposed to be in control of his vehicle, isn't the biker supposed to be more cautious and in control of his? It works both ways and if I'm on a motorcycle, I'm not cutting off someone in an SUV and then braking right away. The bike has more mobility and is faster than the SUV. There was no reason for him to pull in front of him and brake.

It's hard to tell on my iPad, but didn't look to me like the guy hit his brakes that hard.(but maybe he did)
    Either way, that's when you dial 911. I doubt anyone would have been breaking windows or busting heads at that point. His big mistake was running over several bikes and riders after the initial incident.
    this doesn't look like a gang of outlaw bikers to me.

i ask again, what would YOU do if your friend was run over (intentionally) by an SUV and almost (or) killed?

The only reason they were ran over by him was because several of the bikers were slashing his tires and hitting his vehicle trying to gain entry right after he bumped the rear wheel of the bike, which in fault was caused by the guy on the bike being an incompetent rider and cutting him off then braking. I can almost understand where the bikers are coming from by being upset, but they should have acted like adults and waited for the police to come instead of using violence to try and resolve the issue. Lets turn this around, instead of what we would do if our friend was run over, what would YOU do if you were the driver of the SUV who is surrounded by 50+ grown adults slashing your tires and trying to break into your vehicle while your family is in there?

This was a simple accident with not a single person harmed and could have stayed that way if the bikers wouldn't have acted the way they did. The driver of the SUV didn't hurt the guy on the bike that he rear-ended (who cut him off and braked 6 feet in front of him btw). It escalated as soon as the other bikers resorted to violence.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    From what I could tell while watching the first video, as soon as the biker pulled a whopping 6 feet in front of him, he was already on his brakes. The bike was braking as well, but the guy in the SUV did brake. While the driver of the SUV is supposed to be in control of his vehicle, isn't the biker supposed to be more cautious and in control of his? It works both ways and if I'm on a motorcycle, I'm not cutting off someone in an SUV and then braking right away. The bike has more mobility and is faster than the SUV. There was no reason for him to pull in front of him and brake.

The only reason they were ran over by him was because several of the bikers were slashing his tires and hitting his vehicle trying to gain entry right after he bumped the rear wheel of the bike, which in fault was caused by the guy on the bike being an incompetent rider and cutting him off then braking. I can almost understand where the bikers are coming from by being upset, but they should have acted like adults and waited for the police to come instead of using violence to try and resolve the issue. Lets turn this around, instead of what we would do if our friend was run over, what would YOU do if you were the driver of the SUV who is surrounded by 50+ grown adults slashing your tires and trying to break into your vehicle while your family is in there?

This was a simple accident with not a single person harmed and could have stayed that way if the bikers wouldn't have acted the way they did. The driver of the SUV didn't hurt the guy on the bike that he rear-ended (who cut him off and braked 6 feet in front of him btw). It escalated as soon as the other bikers resorted to violence.
    I watched the beginning of the video again. Looks to me that the guy in the vest had a problem with the SUV driver (maybe he cut him off or something??)
    youre right, the guy on the bike hits his brakes, but I don't know that he is looking at the SUV or if he is looking in the left lane.
    No matter, and of course the driver had every right to be in the center lane, but who drives in the middle of a huge group of bikes, especially as slow as it appears he is driving? If i was driving near a group of bikes, i would stay in the right lane and let them pass. Of course, we don't know what happened just before the Go Pro guy catches up.
    I also know if I had a guy hitting his brakes in front of me(on a bike, or a car), I'd be braking hard, even as far as coming to a complete stop, instead of hitting him (if possible).
    I can't see anyone slashing tires, but if true, then yes, he should try to get away.
    i agree that the guy could have feared for his life, but there was NOT "50+ grown adults slashing...tires and trying to break in" to this guys car!
    I only see one guy that appears to trying to open the guys door. And when the SUV drives by the camera, he has no broken windows.
    not defending one side or the other, I just think if he would have stayed put, he would have been fine. But of course, we don't know. All we know is because of TWO guys and road rage, one guy is possibly disabled for life. (possibly from his own stupidity!)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom