• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SolubleSpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Granger and Purdue
    Hey guys, I ride a motorcycle (sport bike) and want to find something as an IWB maybe that I could carry a G26 in while riding. I don't really want to go with a shoulder rig so originally thought a Crossbreed Supertuck or Comptac Minotaur would be nice, and I was just wondering if anyone has experience carrying on a sportbike.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It's always been hard for me to carry IWB riding my R1. Either my jacket is tight on the waist making it hard to zip with the gun or shirt rides up and exposes gun. Forget about appendix carry in a sport bike as well.

Another concern of mine is the lack of retention using IWB and fearing it might work it's way loose.

I finally traded my 26 with a p238 and pocket holster when riding.

SolubleSpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Granger and Purdue
    Yeah, I was worred about it working its way loose, but my bike has a little more of a relaxed upright riding position, so I didn't think it would be as big of a problem. Thought about fixing a strap around it, just makes it more convenient to hop off the bike and have it be like my edc setup.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Assuming you wear full gear (and if you do, good for you!), I haven't found a convenient way to carry on my person on a bike yet. I wear a two-piece textile suit that connects with four snapped straps, so an IWB holster like the Comp-Tac Minotaur does work, but it's not as easy to access as I'd like. Frankly, I usually just put an LCP in an aholster pocket holster in my jacket. I'd rather have a .380 in my hand than be fumbling with pulling up a jacket to get at a 9mm.

Of course when you run into trouble on a bike it's usually easier just to twist the wrist. :rockwoot:

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    SoB on a motorcycle precludes use of a back protector though. Also, spinal injury in the case of an off.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    To be fair, most people I know don't use an articulated back protector or rigid insert. I do, but having had a back injury in the past I'm more cautious than most. Chronic back pain is no joke!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Always my personal favorite :yesway:

65169_495940120445989_236399729_n.jpg

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    MCing is what caused me to carry in the first place. ive had a few friends die in wrecks with autos, and more than once we had occurrences with cages trying to take us out in a pack.
    i used to carry a .40 in a shoulder rig. it was serviceable but uncomfortable, especially if youre like me and really get physical on the machine.
    i ended up buying a pocket auto and doing that. i would suggest the same.

427TriPowered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    i wear motoport stretch kevlar pants with cargo pockets...

i carry a sig 1911 c3 in a remora holster in my right cargo pocket...

the cargo pocket is zippered... so a quick zip open and draw is easy sitting and standing...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The ninja engine near redline is one of my favorite sounds. I have carried for years on a bike. From a S&W chiefs special in my boot to 1911 shoulder rigs. I have been down a few times. The last one was hard, as in they picked up my bike with a shovel and broom, and they picked me up tied to a back board. I spent 4 months dancing with a walker. If I was carrying, I am sure that there would have been a 1911 shaped piece of my pelvis or ribcage crushed out. I almost always have a tank bags with me, and anything you want can be handy to access from it.
    Good Luck

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I've carried on a 2000 Honda 929, 2001 ZX12R, 2008 Hayabusa, and now a 2007 Harley VRSCDX. The Harley is the only bike I've been able to leave my Kahr PM9 in my EDC IWB holster @4:30 position. All 3 of the sportbikes I took the holster and gun out of my waistband and wedged it between the gauge cluster and windscreen or zipped it into my right hand pocket of my jacket. When I get where I'm going I put it back in my waistband.

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    Can't help with the Sportbike aspect, but I carry IWB @ 4 w/Crossbreed MiniTuck, XDs45 with no issues and ride regularly (10-12K) per season. I ride an FLHTC so it's a different riding position, but IWB should work for you.

Top Bottom