• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws98ta

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So I bought a new rossi m/r 92 .44 mag lever action.
    It came with a weaver rail already mounted where the rear sight would be.
    I ordered a hi-lux ler 2-7x32 scope and a set of Burris 1" medium zee rings.
    The problem I'm having is, I cannot mount the scope on the rail without a cartridge hitting the scope when ejecting.
    I cannot move the scope far enough forward, and have the rings line up with the slots in the rail. I can get the front ring lined up but the rear needs another slot.
    The scope is mounted as far forward in the rings as it can go.
    Are there other rings I can buy that don't need to be aligned with the slots in the rail? Or do I need another slot in the rail milled? The rail is made specially for the rossi's sloped barrel so a new rail is out.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    A picture might help, but the Rossi base on my '92 seemed to like either compact scout scopes (like the Burris 2.75x or Leupold 2.5x) or red dots. From the pictures I find of the hi-lux, it looks like the variable magnification is adding a fair amount to the length behind the ring.

Leatherwood Hi-Lux ATR Long Eye Relief Scout Rifle Scope 2-7x 32mm

Burris Scout Rifle Scope 2.75x 20mm Heavy Plex Reticle Matte

Leupold 2.5x28 FX-II Scout Scope

To make things work, I have had pretty good luck cutting in additional slots. Otherwise, I suppose you could use Warne permanent mount rings and remove the crossblock insert from the rear ring. You would loose the benefit of the rear recoil lug, but the basic design should keep the scope centered and you could still leave the lug in the front ring.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/warne-scope-rings-w-matte-finish-41650.html

Top Bottom