• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    My suggestion is to wall off a space for the safe you can condition. (2x4s and drywall are cheap*) Can you wall off part of the downstairs and add a space heater to keep the temps up and scare away moisture this winter until you build the house? The rods are a nice idea for conditioned spaces, but I'm not sure how effective they will be against unconditioned garage space. (I doubt they will be effective) My suggestion is to get the space around the safe conditioned if possible. That probably means a quality space heater with a digital thermostat to maintain a desired temperature, not the cheap ones that just have a dial to choose how randomly warm or cool you want.

I have a spare dehumidifier if it comes down to that. As well as a temperature controlled outlet (LUX WIN100) if you need it for a cheap space heater. PM me if you need either and we can talk. (the LUX is free but the dehumidifier is negotiable)

Barring that, Move the safe upstairs into the conditioned living space and be done with it. Decide which is easier for you; lugging it up the stairs or building a conditioned room for it in the garage.

*since its in the garage, spring for the green, moisture resistant drywall. Its only a couple extra bucks.

Thanks for the help man! I will keep you in mind once I am moved in and truly figuring out what my plan is.

Top Bottom