• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Creeker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    In The Hardwoods
    If you could build a multi-purpose rifle what would it be? I’ve been studying the Anschutz 64 MPR below & hear talk on the web of people using them for this & that so I’m wondering about the same type rifle only center fire.

Anschutz 64 MPR - Google Search

Perhaps something to use off the bench, standing or prone, even in the field for varmints or long deer, nothing larger. If you visit other sites you may see this same thread as I’m looking for as much thought as possible from you guys.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    One rifle, one barrel, one cartridge to do everything from paper punching, to target shooting, to personal and home defense, to hunting everything up to deer size game at realistic ranges...

AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel.

Creeker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    In The Hardwoods
    Did you have to say that, I was thinking a bolt gun.:): Your choice is a fine one though & all you say is true.

Guess I'm really looking for a trainer more than anything else. Surely would like a tackdriver, a fairly flat shooter & not much recoil. Maybe something like a 6BR. Should I use it for hunting 99% of it would be varmints.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I said it and I'm not even an AR fan.

So do a 6.5 Grendel in a bolt gun.

A 6BR is a great target round, and even a decent varmint round. But it's not in the same class of varmint round that the .243 Win is. And the .243 Win would work well as a deer rifle - but not in Indiana, obviously. Of course a bench rest gun doesn't lend itself to a knock around the woods deer rifle.

IF you use it for hunting, and 99% of it is varmint hunting makes me think you would be best off with a .223 Rem.

Are you a reloader?

Top Bottom