• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i used to deal with these scumbags all the time in phx they count on intimidation like most gangs. yes they are dangerous but so is a cornered raccoon nothing a few well placed shots wont take care of.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    So what advantages do we have?

"THEY" stand out from us, the neighborhood, the economy, the dress, speech and demographic - This is an advantage for those who might take action, no rules, no mercy.

Exploit them, to fight against each other. Get them to fight and kill each other, and play the side.

Strike them with terror. Imagine what a voice recorder tape and a loud boom box, with information regarding family, friends, locations might have an effect on those who deal in gang behavior, not to mention a gangmember done in Vlad the Impaler style.

Aside from Liberals who might idolize these gangmembers, there would be massive public support, and perhaps the Hunters might turn into the Hunted when Mobs and vigilanties set up shop.

Yeah, we have disadvantages, but we far from helpless, and yes I have an imagination :D

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Aside from Liberals who might idolize these gangmembers, there would be massive public support, and perhaps the Hunters might turn into the Hunted when Mobs and vigilanties set up shop.

I have gone off a few times when people make snide comments about "liberals" before. I apologize ahead of time for the brief thread-jack. "Liberals" dont want them anymore than you or I. Very few grown adults idolize this sort of behavior, and those that do more than likely span many political ideals. What would possibly make you think that "liberals" would idolize these people? Is it because these people are different from you, and you believe "liberals" to be different than you so they must be alike? This sort of ignorance disgusts me. Get off of your high horse and form an intelligent thought! I welcome your attempt to justify your statement.

There, that is out of my system and I can move on with my life. Unfortunately my reasonable contribution has to do with the other part of the above post. I say unfortunately only because I have additional criticism of that post, and I dont want it to look like I am bashing NordicHeathenVinlander. I want to make it clear that I have no issues with him personally, just that one statement. This has gotten long winded, so I will just be out with it.

The above proposed solution would work, but obviously its not practical. That behavior could be considered threatening, and LEOs could get involved. Total abuse of the system, but that sort of thing happens. Get one jerk, and they will ruin your day. Massive public support? Eh. I dont think people would disagree, many would find it bold, heroic, effective, etc. There is still that slime called political correctness, and if its not PC, its not going to last. Someone is going to throw a fit about it and again ruin your day.

Not to mention what if there is an incident later on. Maybe someone not even affiliated with the gang, but just someone with a similar ethnic background. They attempt to harm you, you defend yourself. Suddenly, your "protesting" makes it look like you hate that ethnicity, and now your self defense can be painted a hate crime by some gung-ho prosecutor. Picture Jack McCoy saying "And after years of antagonizing the [race] community, you finally got one to bite, you finally had your opportunity. You finally got to MURDER a young [race] man!"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I have gone off a few times when people make snide comments about "liberals" before. I apologize ahead of time for the brief thread-jack. "Liberals" dont want them anymore than you or I.

Individually, I agree. Colllectively, I absolutely disagree.

The irony of Liberalism is this, 'kill the baby, spare the criminal', it is perhaps this that makes Liberals seem so weak on Crime.

Very few grown adults idolize this sort of behavior, and those that do more than likely span many political ideals.

This has not been my observation, unfortunately. Obviously the majority of Americans cant idolize the behavior or else America would look like something from some 3rd world nation.

What would possibly make you think that "liberals" would idolize these people?

The obvious tolerance, and sympathy they promote on part with Criminals.

Is it because these people are different from you, and you believe "liberals" to be different than you so they must be alike?

No. I dont have problems with 'differences' to a degree. *wink*

This sort of ignorance disgusts me. Get off of your high horse and form an intelligent thought! I welcome your attempt to justify your statement.

No high horse.

I believe I should be able to call them like I see them.

Liberals have no problem at all calling people like me every vile, and disgusting names, while spouting they're fool goodism arguements - WHICH DONT HOLD UP IN REAL LIFE.

There, that is out of my system and I can move on with my life. Unfortunately my reasonable contribution has to do with the other part of the above post. I say unfortunately only because I have additional criticism of that post, and I dont want it to look like I am bashing NordicHeathenVinlander. I want to make it clear that I have no issues with him personally, just that one statement. This has gotten long winded, so I will just be out with it.

No harm brother. I encourage nothing but critical thinking. Go look at BOR or Fargo's post, they helped me in my over emotional state, see a critical thinking error I made.

The above proposed solution would work, but obviously its not practical. That behavior could be considered threatening, and LEOs could get involved. Total abuse of the system, but that sort of thing happens. Get one jerk, and they will ruin your day. Massive public support? Eh. I dont think people would disagree, many would find it bold, heroic, effective, etc. There is still that slime called political correctness, and if its not PC, its not going to last. Someone is going to throw a fit about it and again ruin your day.

I didnt say it was practical. Lots of thing's could work, but very few are practical.

Not to mention what if there is an incident later on. Maybe someone not even affiliated with the gang, but just someone with a similar ethnic background. They attempt to harm you, you defend yourself. Suddenly, your "protesting" makes it look like you hate that ethnicity, and now your self defense can be painted a hate crime by some gung-ho prosecutor. Picture Jack McCoy saying "And after years of antagonizing the [race] community, you finally got one to bite, you finally had your opportunity. You finally got to MURDER a young [race] man!"

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Which is why Americans must move away from this type of thinking.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    sur 13 is short form for surenos a term that encompasses any latino gang south of delano. ms13 is a salvadorian gang that originates from LA I don't think ms13 affiliates itself with either the sureno or nortenos. surenos use blue colors and the #13 and nortenos use red and the #14.

What is the significance of the 13 and 14?

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I believe that these individuals should be treated like foreign invaders.
    Round them up, lock em up, and let em starve, send the bodies home.
    If they resist, put em down,send the bodies home.
    If they aint playin', we aint playin'!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yes this is an invading army, and apparently came to being in the killing fields of El Salvador. They owe no allegience to this country, our culture or our laws. They are here because we have allowed them to be here, and because we are a land ripe for the picking. Our freedoms and tolerence will be used against us, and our law will not protect us. Knowing this only seems to implicate those who have been lax in the protection of our borders. The fact that we would allow foreign nationals to serve in our armed forces to earn citizenship seems illconcieved. And we wonder how the military might be used against us? Doesn't seem hard to picture gangland members of the military following orders to disarm and kill American Citizens...just my .02

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Sorry, guys; I still don't care how bad a$$ a person or group claims to be; nor do I care where they allegedly set up shop. I carry my sidearm with me EVERYWHERE I go, because there are those that would do you and yours harm for no reason. Vigilance, and a preparedness to deliver sudden and massive levels of violence to those people are the only tools I can rely on. I will not live my life in fear, nor will I retreat from areas I have a right to be in. When those things happen, you let them win. :twocents:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Evansville gangs are getting worse as are break ins and robberies. Some of the bank robberies seem like pros so there could be a correlation.

Our new Police chief's top concerns are meth and gangs so that may tell you something.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I think these gangs would be a perfect example of having an "off the books" mission with the best from all branches of the military for a "shock and awe" on these gangs. Find a large operation of theirs and obliterate it and then move on to all the "tough guys" that think they are "hard."

Give them 2 choices... walk away... or the trigger gets pulled.

If I have an encounter with any of those pieces of garbage there will be no remorse and no regrets to protect my family.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    They don't deserve a choice... If you belong to ms-13 or sur-13 or other dangerous gangs, you get a bullet in the head.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I'm not a fan of the "2 choices" option either. IMHO, if they are a member, or associating with an organization like that, the choice has already been made.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    I read an article awhile back about how these gangs are setting up shop in the midwest because a majority of police don't speak spanish and they can pull the "no habla ingles" card when arrested.

If any of you are parents of aspiring LEOs, encourage their multilingual studies.

Top Bottom