• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder how many of those democrat voters that were enticed to vote in that run off thought they were voting in the general election and voting for a democrat over a republican...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Is it racist or just the way of life some choose to live?
    I'm from the south and southern politics is a bit different than up here.
    Politics is a dirty business at times and I'm positive that IF you offer up enough cash you can pretty much pick and choose someone to represent your agenda.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sounds like some of the ads against pro-FairTax candidates "my opponent wants to enact a 23% federal sales tax on everything you buy!". They "conveniently" omit that same politician is also eliminating the IRS, giving everyone a prebate, etc. They make it sound like its being added, not a replacement.

I hate intellectually dishonest people. With a passion.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I remember my inlaws in Florida crying that they had go vote for Algore because Bush was going to take away their social security. Funny, after 8 years the lies never came true.

Sounds like more of the same scare tactics.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Sounds like some of the ads against pro-FairTax candidates "my opponent wants to enact a 23% federal sales tax on everything you buy!". They "conveniently" omit that same politician is also eliminating the IRS, giving everyone a prebate, etc. They make it sound like its being added, not a replacement.

I hate intellectually dishonest people. With a passion.

That doesn't mean the fair tax isn't a terrible idea... Which it is.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    If it is indeed such a terrible idea, that should be demonstrated on its merits, and be bad enough that lying is unnecessary.

Lying is unnecessary when all you have to do is explain how it works. 23% sales tax plus state tax (7% for IN for example). So if you go to buy a new car, you pay 30% of that amount in tax. A new, decent car will run you about $20k. Up front you're now paying $26k (20,000 x 1.3). Now if it's used, there's no federal tax. Why? Doesn't that encourage people to buy used products? The potential for abuse is large, and people will go out of their way to buy used. Manufacturers would be discouraged from innovating if less people buy their new goods. I'd be more open to it if it applied to all products bought at the consumer level, but as written it's just silly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lying is unnecessary when all you have to do is explain how it works. 23% sales tax plus state tax (7% for IN for example). So if you go to buy a new car, you pay 30% of that amount in tax. A new, decent car will run you about $20k. Up front you're now paying $26k (20,000 x 1.3). Now if it's used, there's no federal tax. Why? Doesn't that encourage people to buy used products? The potential for abuse is large, and people will go out of their way to buy used. Manufacturers would be discouraged from innovating if less people buy their new goods. I'd be more open to it if it applied to all products bought at the consumer level, but as written it's just silly.

I see your point. My previous argument was aimed at the lying rather than this tax in particular. If anything, I lean toward the abolition of all taxes other than tariffs and income tax at a flat rate with no shelters other than actual costs of generating the revenue being taxed. I could even go along with something like the current standard deduction, but no manipulative and/or specialized tax credits or punitive taxes. i would also demand a decrease in spending and believe that the tax for government at all levels from township to federal should be 25% or less with emphasis on 'or less'.

For what it is worth, I consider property tax the most reprehensible of all taxes because it requires you to pay more taxes on a continuous basis for something you already paid for with money which had already been taxed. Abolishing this would make it much easier to 'go Galt' which I consider a fine idea.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I wonder how many of those democrat voters that were enticed to vote in that run off thought they were voting in the general election and voting for a democrat over a republican...
    GFGT, the 'interesting voters' are the ones who DID vote in the DemocRAT primary and then, a couple weeks later, voted in the Republican primary.

Let's see how it turns out now that Cochran is being sued. He definitely has won, yet.

As for Black (or any other) university, they should ALL be cut-off from taxpayer money. The food stamp program needs a serious re-vamping so ONLY those truly in desperate need receive them. And "I don't feel like working" is NOT 'desperate need'.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    GFGT, the 'interesting voters' are the ones who DID vote in the DemocRAT primary and then, a couple weeks later, voted in the Republican primary.

Right. That's where they were hoping to generate enough evidence of invalid votes to change the outcome. But having listened to one of those robo-calls, they referred to the tea-party candidate and nothing about the actual party affiliations. It made it sound like this was "the" election. Meh...it may not have been much of a factor but just a thought that crossed my mind.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome

Your example does not consider the reduction in cost of the auto due to elimination of the income taxes buried in the overhead of manufacturing the auto.

Regardless, tax on income needs to be abolished. It is nothing more than slavery to the state.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Your example does not consider the reduction in cost of the auto due to elimination of the income taxes buried in the overhead of manufacturing the auto.

Regardless, tax on income needs to be abolished. It is nothing more than slavery to the state.

How would you address this? In my reckoning, abolition of property tax is the most important issue. All other taxes are once and done on a given transaction. Property tax is a forever tax that threatens to strip you of everything you worked for as soon as you are unable to continue paying.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How would you address this? In my reckoning, abolition of property tax is the most important issue. All other taxes are once and done on a given transaction. Property tax is a forever tax that threatens to strip you of everything you worked for as soon as you are unable to continue paying.
    It is oft said that because of the property tax those that are subjected to it never really own property because of the reason that you have stated.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome

I would address it the same way it was addressed prior to 1913.

Property tax too needs to be abolished.

Top Bottom