• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Alright,I've been wanting one of these for sometime and finally have the oppurtunity to pick one up. Does anyone on here have one and how do you like it?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I recommend that you look at some of the issues on youtube and other Internet searches. It seems that the general consensus is that they jam a lot!

I don't own one, and from what I've seen online, I think my dollars would be better spent on a decent AR.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I had one and had no issues with it with a few hundred rounds down the pipe. Mainly sold it because I wanted to get out of 223 and go 308 only...

Mark

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    I don't own one but I did a lot of research at one point because I really wanted one. I got a lot of info from the bullpup section on ar15.com Bullpup Rifles - AR15.COM

If you get it you'll want to get a variety of spare parts, seems like a lot of issues arise in them. Honestly they seemed too much like a novelty, having owned a couple guns that did little more than "look cool" but didn't work so well...ya I decided it wasn't worth the gamble. Now an actual Aug, or maybe the TPD clone, those those I've read good things about.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    I am considering one as well. I figured that I will only get one if it's the right deal, considering all the issues MSAR's have. I guess what I'm saying is that if I can get one cheap, I'll take it.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yea, the one was thinking was from a private sale. Looks practically brand new. He says it's a Gen 3 model.(I think it is the one that accepts regular Aug mags) with factory optic ,7 factory mags and a soft case for $1300.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    I've seen a lot used ones on-line for around $1300. I would pass and keep my eyes open for a better price, unless the seller comes down.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    No worries I hear the actual styer aug is or has returned to the states. I would save the money and go with one of those. I believe they are a mostly by order thing though.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    No worries I hear the actual styer aug is or has returned to the states. I would save the money and go with one of those. I believe they are a mostly by order thing though.

Not anymore. They were being made under contract by Sabre, who also went bankrupt and has had its plant shut down.

I'm beginning to think anyone who makes an AUG or AUG clone is doomed.

It's a shame. I really wanted one. At one point, the MSAR556 (non E4) models were going for 900 NIB from Buds.

Last edited:

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    I recommend that you look at some of the issues on youtube and other Internet searches. It seems that the general consensus is that they jam a lot!

I don't own one, and from what I've seen online, I think my dollars would be better spent on a decent AR.

+1 This is what kept me from getting one. Really poor reviews. It was a knife company and the only firearm they made was that AUG clone. You can get a real AUG on gunbroker for about 50% more if you really want that 223 bullpup.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Not anymore. They were being made under contract by Sabre, who also went bankrupt and has had its plant shut down.

I'm beginning to think anyone who makes an AUG or AUG clone is doomed.

It's a shame. I really wanted one. At one point, the MSAR556 (non E4) models were going for 900 NIB from Buds.
    Steyr is working with yet another company to build them here. They are working to come back, and likely will unless something else unforeseen happens.

The QC on the MSARs varies wildly. If you get one that works, you're fine. If you don't, you're screwed as they're now out of business and not accepting rifles for repairs.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    So I've heard. The rumors of Steyr working on the the first go at a US Aug went around for literally years before it actually happened. I'm skeptical the second go at it will be much different. if history is a guide, we'll see another Aug sometime in 2020 :):

Top Bottom