• ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    FOXNEWS:" AR15 fires in three shot bursts!"

I just learned that "an AR15 rifle, that is the civilian equivilant of the military's uh standard service rifle, the M16, it, it, it's uh fires three short bursts uh when it is fired, that's why we had those initial reports when this first, this news story first broke at 8:20am that there were three shots fired at the Navy yard, that's because that kind of AR15 assault rifle, uh, fires in three shot bursts, uh but clearly there were more shots fired because of the number of injuries that we're, we're able to confirm, ........."

"three short bursts"? Is that faster or slower than three regular, or long "bursts"?

What exactly is a "BURST"?

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    PSA must have sold me a defective rifle. My rifle only shoots one round per trigger pull. Idiots on TV News have no idea what they are talking about.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    It appears that newscasters are not firearm enthusiasts. So what? Lets see you sit down in front of a camera on live tv and talk about producing a news segment. All the newsies would hop on their internet forums and talk about how ill equipped you are to talk about their subject.

IndianaLead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Fair enough, but don't the ethics of journalism demand that these reporters take some responsibility for getting their facts straight before they represent falsehoods to the public? I think too many modern journalists have forgotten that they have a responsibility to factual representation as well as ratings. - Bryan @ Indiana Lead

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It appears that newscasters are not firearm enthusiasts. So what? Lets see you sit down in front of a camera on live tv and talk about producing a news segment. All the newsies would hop on their internet forums and talk about how ill equipped you are to talk about their subject.

This woman was speaking AS A MATTER OF FACT! Either someone else Gave her this information, or she made it up herself. She or her bosses made a point to come out and spread a lie! How is that o.k.?

what does your comment about having me talk about news production have to do with anything?
    the "news"casters are supposed to tell us FACTS! That is all! Not opinion, not feelings,and definitely not flat out LIES!

What happened to the time when news stations and papers checked, double checked, and triple checked their FACTS before releasing information? Nowadays it seems, the most important part of journalism is being the FIRST to report, not to be the most factual!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I heard a journalist say "the AR15 is a automatic assault rifle".In the next sentence it became a "semi-automatic weapon". :rolleyes:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    This woman was speaking AS A MATTER OF FACT! Either someone else Gave her this information, or she made it up herself. She or her bosses made a point to come out and spread a lie! How is that o.k.?

what does your comment about having me talk about news production have to do with anything?
    the "news"casters are supposed to tell us FACTS! That is all! Not opinion, not feelings,and definitely not flat out LIES!

What happened to the time when news stations and papers checked, double checked, and triple checked their FACTS before releasing information? Nowadays it seems, the most important part of journalism is being the FIRST to report, not to be the most factual!

There's the problem.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    If I were the anchor, I'd read the copy.

If I were writing the copy, I'd make sure I only wrote facts and not conjecture. It's not that hard. You have to be willing to be "bland" and possibly last to report the latest. But then if you built a reputation of being correct rather than first, you just may attract a following of people from my generation.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sounds like an M16A2 (or later?).....IF the reports are accurate. I started with a, A1 in '89 and later got an A2 with 3 round burst rather than full auto fire.

Did he bring it in with him, or take it off someone there? We will see.

Are you people screwing with us, or did none of you know about the A2 burst capability? If you're nit picking the media not knowing the difference between an AR15 and M16.....well, that's kind of petty.

b3_1191.gif

Last edited:
    Top Bottom