• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Not that it makes it right (if censoring minorities was truly the goal) but Fox News also edited out all of the speakers mentioned in the OP. Do you think Fox was trying to paint the GOP as the white person party too?

Sorry, not true.... I watched Mia Love and Arthur Davis complete speeches live on Fox. Another weak attempt to throw it up against the wall to see if it sticks falsehood.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    It's all over. Last night the daily show was calling Republicans racist because of voter ID laws in Penn. He showed some clip of a R. saying they would win the state after the Voter ID law went into effect.

Stewart showed some statistics claiming there have only been 10 reports of voter fraud in the whole US since the year 2000, and this voter ID law in Penn. would disenfranchise some 750,000 Penn. voters, who all, of course, are minorities who vote Democratic.

I don't get this issue. I have to have a license to drive. I have to show my license to buy alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. I have to show my license to see a movie. My in-law had to show his driver's license to join a softball tournament. But ID to vote...that's when it's just too much, huh?

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Didn't have to wait long for the O-pologists.

Omg! Someone questioned something on a message board. This lone voice of inquiry cannot be tolerated. Let's just dismiss his point by suggesting that he is brainwashed or an apologist.

I apologize for interrupting the echo chamber but I was always taught to ask questions and consider sources. Well, I guess I am an apologist.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I watched what I watched of the convention on C-Span. No comments from pundits that I saw. No selective editing. No commercials for gold or adult diapers or anything. It was nice.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It's all over. Last night the daily show was calling Republicans racist because of voter ID laws in Penn. He showed some clip of a R. saying they would win the state after the Voter ID law went into effect.

Stewart showed some statistics claiming there have only been 10 reports of voter fraud in the whole US since the year 2000, and this voter ID law in Penn. would disenfranchise some 750,000 Penn. voters, who all, of course, are minorities who vote Democratic.

I don't get this issue. I have to have a license to drive. I have to show my license to buy alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. I have to show my license to see a movie. My in-law had to show his driver's license to join a softball tournament. But ID to vote...that's when it's just too much, huh?

You have to show your license to see a movie?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Omg! Someone questioned something on a message board. This lone voice of inquiry cannot be tolerated. Let's just dismiss his point by suggesting that he is brainwashed or an apologist.

I apologize for interrupting the echo chamber but I was always taught to ask questions and consider sources. Well, I guess I am an apologist.

Don't get your panties in a wad. You made a statement and you were wrong. Get over it and drive on.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

It isn't a "lone voice of inquiry" and you have yet to make a point in any thread I have seen. When faced with a negative fact about the current liberal/marxist/anti-constitutionalist administration you try to divert attention in any way possible. But hey, it's cool. Feel free to dive right in. While the Bill of Rights is taking a flogging in Washington it still applies here.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You have to show your license to see a movie?

Yes. My wife and I were denied entry not too long ago because I tried purchasing two tickets when she didn't have her license on her. They told me I could drive back home to get it. lol. We have youthful faces? :dunno:

My point is that if I must prove my identity to a movie theatre, to see a movie with some language and violence in it, shouldn't I have to prove my identity to vote? I'm voting under an indentity. They check my identity off of their paper when I prove who I am.

Personally, I don't like the idea of "identity" at all, but I have one, thanks to the Feds. So if I must prove this identity to purchase a cigar, and some .22 ammo, and I must prove this identity to see a movie, I shouldn't be able to walk into a polling place and just say, "Hey, I'm Sepe, I'm here to vote" and offer zero proof of identity. It doesn't make any sense.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not that it makes it right (if censoring minorities was truly the goal) but Fox News also edited out all of the speakers mentioned in the OP. Do you think Fox was trying to paint the GOP as the white person party too?

Sorry, not true.... I watched Mia Love and Arthur Davis complete speeches live on Fox. Another weak attempt to throw it up against the wall to see if it sticks falsehood.

Tsigos, actually, as has been pointed out, you are wrong. FOX did provide coverage of minority speeches.

As for questioning things, I support that, I do it all the time. I think its good when the opposite position makes a point, but you must make a valid point, something you did not do. I've even watched the documentary "Becoming Barack" (twice) on Al Gore's CURRENT TV network to try to understand him better and to try to understand his supporters. But when you are wrong you are wrong and to try to dismiss it as you did doesn't make any sense. I recently had an Obama supporter tell me that both he and Michele grew up "in poverty" which is something I hear commonly from his supporters but its not true either.

So please, continue the discourse, but please be factual. Making up things won't work with me.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't really see why the pep rally is that big a deal.

Did anyone that watched it come away with something that they learned from a speaker? Anything new? Just feel better?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Did anyone that watched it come away with something that they learned from a speaker? Anything new? Just feel better?
    I had never really heard of Mia Love and she is a fantastic young lady that I look forward to seeing her moving up in the party. Chris Christie, I learned is not as exciting all the time as he is when he makes a fool of idiots on youtube videos. Just a couple of things. I am looking forward to Rand Paul's speech today.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

I tend to watch BOTH conventions, at least as much of each as I can. And yes, some of it is just feel good for the base. But sometimes you see a real bright spot, or a dim bulb. And yes, you can, if you are both skeptical and open minded, learn.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

They had a cool stage.

I felt both Mia Love and Ann Romney gave pretty good speeches, especially compared to some of the other speakers who I thought might be cyborgs.

I first heard of Barack Obama whilst watching the DNC in 2004. So yeah, if you believe either of these parties has a future, you get to see some of it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I had never really heard of Mia Love and she is a fantastic young lady that I look forward to seeing her moving up in the party. Chris Christie, I learned is not as exciting all the time as he is when he makes a fool of idiots on youtube videos. Just a couple of things. I am looking forward to Rand Paul's speech today.

I'd never really heard of Mia Love either but I started noticing the name popping up in some articles I've been reading lately (yes, I have been spending time reading far too many political articles). There is a Youtube channel with a handful of her interviews. After watching several of them, she sounds like she could have a successful career if she sticks to her guns about keeping the BS down between parties and trying to actually get something done.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NBC actually lifted their ban of covering black women speaking and allowed Condi Rice on the air.

But did anyone see ABC news short shift Condi Rice? They chose tropical storm Isaac coverage instead of the beginning of Secretary of State Rice's speech. And they cut away after 90 seconds to bash George Bush. This is ABC News and their comprehensive coverage of the GOP Convention. WTF? Are they so scared of a strong black female that they have to protect Obama by keeping her off the air?

ABC News also kept the Hispanic women in the closet, instead of covering Suzanna Martinez of New Mexico’s speech, they instead had John McCain on for an interview.

Oh, and did you catch the 4 white guys on Politico who lectured us about how the RNC lacks racial diversity? Huh?!?

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    NBC actually lifted their ban of covering black women speaking and allowed Condi Rice on the air.

But did anyone see ABC news short shift Condi Rice? They chose tropical storm Isaac coverage instead of the beginning of Secretary of State Rice's speech. And they cut away after 90 seconds to bash George Bush. This is ABC News and their comprehensive coverage of the GOP Convention. WTF? Are they so scared of a strong black female that they have to protect Obama by keeping her off the air?

ABC News also kept the Hispanic women in the closet, instead of covering Suzanna Martinez of New Mexico’s speech, they instead had John McCain on for an interview.

Oh, and did you catch the 4 white guys on Politico who lectured us about how the RNC lacks racial diversity? Huh?!?

Yes

Top Bottom