• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So I finally got a HD Camcorder and have taken some videos. The videos are in the .MTS format which means I need to get a converter software to convert/edit the video to something else (.mpg4, .avi, etc..) Does anyone know of any free software out there that can convert the video format?

-Jedi

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    [ame=http://download.cnet.com/Free-HD-Converter/3000-2194_4-11382363.html]Free HD Converter 1.7 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com[/ame]

Don't know if it's any good or not.

Just google "free .mts to XXXX convertor" and see if anything good pops up

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is an attack on my character!!! I do NOT have strange fetishes that involve dinosaurs or lambs...at least that I'd admit.

BTW under SOPA you are gonna get sued for your AVATAR so the attack on your character is the least of your worries. :laugh:;)

-Jedi

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    .MTS file extension is used by the AVCHD format which is used on some higher end camcorders.
    Note some software will let you burn HD on standard DVDs in this format which can then be played on some Blu-Ray players.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well after installing about 5 free software applications the following 2 I end up liking.

Free MTS Converter
    Free MTS Converter, Free MTS File Converter
    and
    Free HD Converter
    Download Free HD Camcorder Video Converting Software

The 1st one has a whole lot of more formats you can convert to (iphone, ipad, DVD, xbox, youtube, mgp4, etc..) while the second one is limited to a few file formats.

However with the first it's a straight conversion (ie. if your original file is 1020x1020 that is what you are going to get on the other side from what I am seeing). On the second one you can specify size (ratio), FPS, and audio rates as well.

Gives you a bit more control if you know what you are doing I guess.

Now the debate @ home is do we keep the HD raw files or just "downgrade" and convert them to something we can put on DVD and watch on the PC/youtube.

-Jedi

Top Bottom