• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bsmant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    I see on the NPCCC website that there is a multi-gun match scheduled for the 21st. I am wondering if anyone can elaborate on the details such as round count, cost, rules/divisions, etc...

I'm really looking forward to this match, as it will be my first 3-gun competition, and I'm sure that NPCCC will do a great job as they do with their other matches.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    From what I heard its going to be 4 stages and less than 100 rds. Also looks like they will cap registration at 70 shooters. It will still be a long day with ~18 shooters per squad....

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Just got the email with the details about the match. 4 stages; 30 rds rifle, 40 pistol, 2 slugs, 25 rds birdshot. I don't think I want to stand around all day for only 97 rounds. That is a weak round count. Most MG matches would have that round count in two stages. This could've been a good practice match a week before Wildcat 3 Gun on the 29th.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Average of 24 rounds per stage and they will most likely hit the 70 shooter mark. It'll be a lot of waiting with a little shooting. It could he a good "intro" match for new shooters.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Here is the Match Announcement:

This Saturday, April 21st, NPCCC will host the first multigun match of the year with Dave DeSalle as RangeMaster. Dave and his team will present 4 challenging stages; 30 rds rifle, 40 pistol, 2 slugs, 25 rds birdshot. Set up will begin at 1pm on Friday April 20th, so if you can come out and give the guys a hand it will be greatly appreciated.
    Match sign up starts at 0815am and the match starts at 9am. Match cost is $XX.

edit: Match is $25. Got the update from the club secretary the other day.

Last edited:

bsmant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Thanks for the info everyone! I've been putting my 3-gun gear together for a few months now, I'm excited for the chance to finally try it all out.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Thanks for the info everyone! I've been putting my 3-gun gear together for a few months now, I'm excited for the chance to finally try it all out.

By all means do what you can to shoot the inmg match at wildcat the following weekend April 29th. This WILL be a good match. Don't let a little travel intimidate you or the fact that you won't know as many people as you would at a local match. It's only an hour from NWI. Be warned though....know 100% where your rifle shoots from 10' to 300 yards for a wildcat match. I've heard they are going to keep it to 200 yds for the first match of the year at wildcat, but be prepared anyway.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Good, clean, simple match. Not crowded ... maybe 40 shooters? Yes, round count was low but it was perfect for those starting out.

Top Bottom