• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ah but you still do buy stuff cause the Military either decides in your assignment you do not need whatever, or has not approved whatever for use...

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Ah but you still do buy stuff cause the Military either decides in your assignment you do not need whatever, or has not approved whatever for use...

Yup, have my own kit because I wasn't issued anything that was complete or worked. Goin ghillie shopping this week to make my own for school. I got ZERO issued for it, it will be all personally funded. As far as camo goes, anyone know why the army is so determined to have just one universal instead of dual like they used to? I spent some time with marines at airborne and would have traded my uniforms for theirs in a heart beat. No velcro (especially patches), can roll up sleeves, two patterns, and the chest pockets that are slant so stuff doesnt fall out when they're open... who says the marine only get crapy stuff????

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ahhh... I remember building my first ghille... I also remember less fondly of having to burn it to, sigh...

Burlap sandbags, and a JLIST after you strip all the charcoal out are real good starting places...

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    the only thing ACU hides you from... grandma

ACUCouch.jpg
    :+1:

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    This may be a little off topic, but did anyone else here that the Navy went to a new camo pattern as well, for their troops on ships? I heard that that they are wearing some bright blue camo now, and it turns bright orange when it touches salt water, so that if they fall overboard they can be easily seen.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    multicam is awesome. i sell tactical accessories and gear to a lot of military and police, so i get to play around with it first. all of the multicam is more expensive but worth the extra money for durrability and comfort. go withmulticam its the best out there in my opinion.

ABN82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Is Multicam a cure-all? No. But it is "HANDS DOWN" an improvement over the ACU! And it is a better pattern than the ACU in Afghanistan.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I hope they go with Muli-Cam Its going to take 10 years for them to pay to field gear in that pattern though..... Taxes spent right is never wasted.

Top Bottom