• ...and so much more!
  • Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Atlanta Conservation Club- First Multi-Gun Match of 2009

Come out and join us in a fun Multi-Gun match that will challenge your shooting skills with rifle, pistol, and shotgun, as well as your mental game. There will be courses of fire where 2 or even all 3 guns will be used together. The round counts for this match have been kept low to be affordable, but the quality of the stages will be high. See details below.

MATCH DATE: Sunday April 5th

Shooters' Meeting: 9:45 AM
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

RULES: USPSA Multi-Gun rules - Time Plus scoring. United States Practical Shooting Association

Stages: 6

Round Counts:

Handgun: 30

Rifle: 51

Birdshot: 28

Slugs: 3

MATCH FEE: $20 per shooter

SET-UP: Due to the complexity of Multi-Gun stages, some set-up will be required on Saturday, April 4th. Please email me if you can help. Remember, the more help we get from volunteers like you, the better the matches will be!

NOTE: All matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. All guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns should remain bagged, or in a rack with an "empty chamber indicator" (flag) in place. It is the shooter's responsibility to ensure that the muzzle of any gun is never pointed in an unsafe direction. You may only handle your gun only at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas. Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

2009 ACC Multi-Gun Match Dates:

April 5

June 14
    August 9
    October 11

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Atlanta Multigun

AtlantaMultigun@gmail.com

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Dave,
    The 3 slugs will be used for 1 string of a shotgun standards. The COF procedure will read as follows:

STRING 1: With Birdshot, engage P1-P4 in any order, perform a mandatory reload, and engage C1-C4 in any order.

STRING 2: With Slugs, engage T1-T3 in any order. A mandatory reload is required in between targets. No more than one round in shotgun at one time; “load one, shoot one” as per rule 1.2.2.2.

Hope to see you there. We will be seting up after the IDPA match ends on Saturday, around 1:30. Help would be most appriciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've got the Glock and AR, but I don't think my single shot 20ga will do the trick.

This is something I'd like to try before seasons end.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    ACC April Multi-Gun Stages

Guys,
    Here's the link to a PDF of the stage descriptions for this months Multi-Gun Match at Atlanta. For whatever reason, some formatting got a little messed up when I converted to PDF, such as fill transparency of some of the props and wall sections, but good enough you'll get the gist of the course. Some minor details may change due to set up issues, but for the most part, what you see is what you'll get on Sunday. Total match round-counts will remain the same.

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=06efd27b-dde8-4a54-ac13-60ce4823f7e4

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Ryan Zamberlan
    Atlanta Conservation Club
    Multi-Gun Match Director

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    THAT looks like fun!

Guys,
    Here's the link to a PDF of the stage descriptions for this months Multi-Gun Match at Atlanta. For whatever reason, some formatting got a little messed up when I converted to PDF, such as fill transparency of some of the props and wall sections, but good enough you'll get the gist of the course. Some minor details may change due to set up issues, but for the most part, what you see is what you'll get on Sunday. Total match round-counts will remain the same.

Thanks,
    Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Great Stages!

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=06efd27b-dde8-4a54-ac13-60ce4823f7e4

Thanks,
    Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director

I've checked out the stages that Ryan put together, and I think he's doing a great job. This will be a great opportunity for people to learn about multigun, and be tested by some quality stages. I won't be able to be there on Sunday, but I guarantee that if you show up, you'll have a great time!
    Chuck

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Dave,
    Yes it certainly was wet! Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate, which is a real shame since the feedback I have received has been overwhelmingly positive. I think it's pretty obvious that everybody would have had an exponentially better shooting experience if we could have just stayed dry.

My basic plan for June is to continue with the same shtick... modest round count, Time-Plus Scoring, and very involved stages that can be shot a number of ways. Expect difficult targets with lots of no-shoots and hardcover. Who says Time-Plus places no value on accuracy? Accuracy was as valuable yesterday as Gore-Tex. :joke:

It seems that everybody I've talked to enjoyed the free-style spirit of the true Multi-Gun stages, allowing the shooter to decide which guns to use on which targets.

Depending on feedback, I'm considering the possibility of running just 5 stages in June, but each requiring 2 or more guns. I’d even consider just 4 stages, but each requiring all 3 guns. Its way early I know, but I thought I'd ask while everything's still fresh in our minds from Sunday.

Thanks,
    Ryan Zamberlan
    Atlanta Multi-Gun

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you want to run 6 stages, you might consider doing a few more as one gun only. The only thing that I don't like about MG is prepping and clearing the shooter. If you have all three guns it just eats a ton of time. But don't get me wrong - I love shooting MG.

Another idea, in terms of ROs, is to have a multi-gun boot camp. With pistol, shooter ready, standbye, beep, unload and show clear, if clear hammer down and holster is pretty straight forward. Throwing rifles and shotguns onto the same stage isn't as easy. Not hard if you know what to do, but given the time between matches, it might not be a bad idea. Good ROs can make or break an MG match.

The target presentations were spot on - spot on.

Top Bottom