• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoviePro314

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    NW IN
    I currently have a lifetime LTCH issued by Indiana. If I were to move (that is change my residence) to Ohio, I would have to inform ISP of my new address as well as apply for a CCW from Ohio. I understand that.

My question is: If I were to visit IN after receiving my CCW from Ohio, would I have to carry concealed since that is what my "home" state permit says, or can I carry under my IN LTCH as a non-resident and follow the laws associated with my LTCH?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Your Indiana LTCH becomes invalid once you are no longer a resident.

Essentially, if you have a lifetime LTCH, you can have them "deactivate" it and then "reactivate" it if you ever move back, without going through the whole licensing process again. There's a FAQ item about it, too, which is linked in my sig.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes, Indiana code is commonly interpreted to mean you are restricted to your home state's license terms.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/57509-post11.html

IC 35-47-2-21
    Recognition of retail dealers' licenses and licenses to carry handguns issued by other states
    Sec. 21. (a) Retail dealers' licenses issued by other states or foreign countries will not be recognized in Indiana except for sales at wholesale.
    (b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I did not think Indiana had non-resident permits. I believe that your moving out of state invalidates the lifetime permit.

This is why you should never ask a LEO for legal advice :D J/J Denny but yes IN does have a non resident license but only under certain circumstances, you have to have a job or own a business here, I think that's it but not sure. And for you lifetime permit, once you move its no longer valid, if/when you move back in state and notify the ISP I believe its valid.

For all the above IANAL TINLA

Top Bottom