Avon

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wait wait wait ... The airport and subway are both workplaces. I think I have this figured out.

I just saw this Ad that Brussels did a couple of months ago to allay everyone's fears...Basically saying Brussels is a wonderful place being misrepresented by the media as a hotbed of radical ideology....I think they may be regretting this Ad today....

[video=youtube;PL7hvXeOAKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL7hvXeOAKw[/video]

[video=youtube;LxlPfJF-uE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlPfJF-uE8[/video]

PR firm is getting fired.

One of the YouTube comments: "Went to Brussles for waffles, got bombed."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You were probably just not clear enough in your choice of words. Some folks really need things spelled out in very specific terms you know. I was called a racist earlier, but it turns out I was just not precise enough with my language. Simple misunderstanding. I mean, maybe they thought you were talking about the Yazidi or Christian "no-go zones". :dunno:

In fairness, you said a racist thing and were called a racist. ;) Don't say racist things and that's unlikely to happen.

When I brought this up about Paris and London (no go zones) I was told by some on
    INGO that it didn't exist and that I might be a racist for bringing it up....

Yeah, seems I recall someone saying they were just a myth...

I heard some racist on tv earlier say that Belgium's jihad community provides a much larger percentage of the famed Isis foreign fighters than one would think.

I thought the guy that said the Paris no-go zones were BS was actually, like, in Paris? Hard for me to fault a guy who has actually been there. Although, on this one, I might be totally thinking of something else.

In other news, methinks Belgium will have a new interior minister soon. The current one is quoted as saying that he never imagined something on this scale. Oh. Well. That was kinda his job.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know we discuss this every time, but I'll ask the question again...

What's going to fix this?

Will they vote people like Merkel out and get someone in there that understands border security?
    Will Putin eventually jump in and start a new Crusade?

I don't forsee Muslims solving this on their own (like our President and others say needs to be done). "Denouncing" these attacks isn't going to make Jihadists give up.

Is the answer going to be active (attacks) or passive (arming populace, securing borders)?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I know we discuss this every time, but I'll ask the question again...

Will they vote people like Merkel out and get someone in there that understands border security?
    Will Putin eventually jump in and start a new Crusade?

I don't forsee Muslims solving this on their own (like our President and others say needs to be done). "Denouncing" these attacks isn't going to make Jihadists give up.

Is the answer going to be active (attacks) or passive (arming populace, securing borders)?

Ill take "New Normal" for $800, Alex.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Time.

When the people on "both" sides get tired of the killing.

Growing up, I thought the Irish Troubles were an intractable mess. Same with Israel/Palestine. Not denying there are still issues in both those areas, but we can kinda see how the arc of history is bending toward peace. Ok, maybe that's too optimistic. At least toward coexistence with minimal casualties.

Meanwhile, with Daesh, we gotta do what we gotta do to keep them contained and eliminate the really bad ones.

With terrorism in general, that'll always be here. It provides the military underdog with an effective tactic. Thank the French in Algeria for proving that it can work.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Time.

When the people on "both" sides get tired of the killing.

Growing up, I thought the Irish Troubles were an intractable mess. Same with Israel/Palestine. Not denying there are still issues in both those areas, but we can kinda see how the arc of history is bending toward peace. Ok, maybe that's too optimistic. At least toward coexistence with minimal casualties.

Meanwhile, with Daesh, we gotta do what we gotta do to keep them contained and eliminate the really bad ones.

With terrorism in general, that'll always be here. It provides the military underdog with an effective tactic. Thank the French in Algeria for proving that it can work.

Sure. And while we're at it, we'll import more of their fighters. That sounds like a winning policy. Or is that racist?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sure. And while we're at it, we'll import more of their fighters. That sounds like a winning policy. Or is that racist?

Importing terrorists? I don't think of that as racist. Why would I? Are you self-conscious about being thought of as racist? Perhaps overly sensitive?

Reality is rarely all or nothing. Life is a balance of tradeoffs. For the foreseeable future, America is free enough to allow people to be rude, petty, uncharitable, unsympathetic, and/or racist. And play the drama queen alarmist while doing so. Or people can be cavalier, short-sighted, naive, overly trusting and downright pollyanna-ish. IMHO, both are wrong.

Or, people can be free to balance charity and hospitality with risk mitigation. There are thousands of shades to the spectrum in between. That's kinda my thing.

bbucking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2016
    Monroe County
    Agreed, but these days it sure is equated to be, calling people racist seems to be the default these days when the argument is being lost.

I'm not talking about this thread with this statement.

In general the problems are cultural that people often associate with race. Let's face it, certain religions are more prone to violence and extremists because it's part of their core belief and upbringing, and many times a religion is commonly associated with a race.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom