Multiple fatalities/injuries in shooting at Waco, Texas between biker gangs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    That didn't take long for the moms to make this an issue for them to try to take away rights. They are saying something about the shooting and open carry on their facebook page. I guess conceal carry is still okay.

Austin police chief Art Acevedo also saw this as an opportunity to tweet about 'this is why we need to give law enforcement tools to keep guns from ciminals' or some such. Unfortunately he failed to explain why he only shows up to testify against laws giving law-abiding citizens access to guns.

A friend of mine in the Waco PD finally got home around 5 a.m. or so this morning. I'll bet that was a long night.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm curious about one thing.

News sources are implying that local law enforcement knew something was going down, and were already present before the gunfight started.

If these are criminal biker gangs, I'm thinking it's likely that some of these guys already have outstanding warrants?

Would it be rational to start serving warrants to break this up before it starts? Or is that a really bad idea (I admit I've never planned a stakeout of a biker gang conflict and never will so...... )

Or are these guys smart enough that they aren't getting arrested very often?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I think what happened is clear.

Too cheap for cable.

Just saw the last episode of "Sons of Anarchy" on Netflix.

Very disappointing with the monumentally unsatisfying last season and especially the last episode.
    :+1:
    I wasn't thrilled with it either.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm curious about one thing.

News sources are implying that local law enforcement knew something was going down, and were already present before the gunfight started.

If these are criminal biker gangs, I'm thinking it's likely that some of these guys already have outstanding warrants?

Would it be rational to start serving warrants to break this up before it starts? Or is that a really bad idea (I admit I've never planned a stakeout of a biker gang conflict and never will so...... )

Or are these guys smart enough that they aren't getting arrested very often?

I think law enforcement certainly knew these guys were trouble, but it can be very difficult to "break up" organized crime. I think the ones that knew about the danger in advance were the managers of twin peaks, who knew several gangs were getting together for a shin-dig, and did not notify law enforcement.

I hate playing the blame game, though, because I'm sure there had been plenty of gatherings at that establishment before, that only resulted in lots of $$$ for the establishment, and no massive wild west shootouts. So it's hard to say "THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN," when plenty of places serve shady customers, and if they all called the police when a bad dude walked in the door, they would be out of business.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I believe this is group of people who have thus far been ignored by the democratic establishment. They need to get some activists on their side to divert federal funds to set up programs to school them on nonviolent conflict resolution. Maybe a entirely new federal agency is in order to see to their needs and help them feel better about themselves. Many of them look like they could use some nutritional guidance which should be part of the program.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe this is group of people who have thus far been ignored by the democratic establishment. They need to get some activists on their side to divert federal funds to set up programs to school them on nonviolent conflict resolution. Maybe a entirely new federal agency is in order to see to their needs and help them feel better about themselves. Many of them look like they could use some nutritional guidance which should be part of the program.

youre comparing 1% biker gangs to groups targeted by Democratics via federal/state initiatives? Seems like you're collectively labeling the latter as criminals.

Top Bottom