• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Depends on the case but a million dollars shows how desperate the authorities are out there.

They need the weenie (Dorner dead) to cover up their actions.

I would anticipate the reward to grow much higher.

Damn straight they are desperate. It isn't any big deal when the rest of us are taking the beating, but let the king's men fall in the crosshairs, and it is a first-class emergency.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    The real terrorists right now are the LAPD

+1

The Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hassan was not labeled a terrorist. The government classified that as "workplace violence."

Obama won't call Benghazi terrorism.
    CBS transcript: Obama wouldn't call Benghazi terrorism

And in Obama's first term, he reclassified real Muslim terrorists as some non-descript non-terrorist term (my memory is failing me now, perhaps someone here can help me out).

But this LAPD cop, he's a "real" terrorist.

Words fail me.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Hmmm, there are other murderers on the loose. How many 1m USD rewards are there currently?

None, even in known threats, because...

“There is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered.” Bowers v. DeVito

Neither cities nor police departments are responsible for failing to enforce restraining orders or protect citizens. Castle Rock v. Gonzales

The state has no affirmative duty to protect an individual, even if they know that person is in danger. DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services

I've got more.

So you can have a known threat targeting someone, and the police don't care. Target them and all of a sudden they care.

Funny how that works.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Maybe they can't afford to take him alive for fear he'd be acquitted by a jury of his peers if ALL the facts came out?

One of these days the government may end up truly fearing jury nullification, because it will be used to shield those who kill government officials. This may be the first real instance of that fear.

All purely speculation, of course.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Maybe they can't afford to take him alive for fear he'd be acquitted by a jury of his peers if ALL the facts came out?

One of these days the government may end up truly fearing jury nullification, because it will be used to shield those who kill government officials. This may be the first real instance of that fear.

All purely speculation, of course.

I think they already fear jury nullification.

AlphaSig112

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Lawrence
    :tinfoil::tinfoil: What if he is already dead and they are using him as a scapegoat to initiate a drone strike on American soil. It would set a horrible precedent here in the states if he is proven guilty util dead and the only way they want to take him is dead. It seems odd that this coincides so closely with the "leak" of drone strike information by the WH. :tinfoil:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    It is all about conditioning us to accept this as part of the "keeping us safe" mentality.

They had to blow up Dorner without due process because it keeps us safe. He couldn't be allowed to live to keep us safe. If they had to actually catch him they couldn't keep us safe ........yada yada yada.....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A bit more in keeping with the OP, it has fascinated me for about 20 years that there is no consensus as to the definition of "terrorism." It is very much an "eye of the beholder" type thing.

I think Dorner would fit, though. He has a political agenda (change LAPD). He targets civilians (families of current LAPD). One thing that differentiates him, for now, is that he does not appear to want to scare the general population in order to leverage the political change he promotes.

Now, the drone thing is ironic timing IMHO. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    So the Ft. Hood shooter committed "workplace violence" but Dorner committed "domestic terrorism".. yeah, makes perfect sense..

You are so right...I do not see how he could be a terrorist...he has no political or religious agenda...he is just a murderer. Are we going to consider all who commit a crime and cause terror a terrorist.

Top Bottom