• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mine know me. Literally. I have one fatty chewing holes in my fence. she flies away when she sees me and wont get within arms length or spray distance. Been trying to get her all weekend.

I figured they just dont like humans. Then last night Mrs. Monkey and I were by the fence working and she says "Look, a bee." It didnt care about her. But as soon as I came close, the bee flew away again. Repeated this several times. I guess they can be smarter than you think.

And this one is smart enough to not go into the trap, too.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    We had a cabin in Pike County when I was young. I remember well summer afternoons devastating the carpenter bee population with a badminton raquet.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have badminton or tennis rackets at a few places sitting.

One is a rental I am rehabbing. There are a few 4x4 posts not covered and they are all over them. My arm got tired from swinging. I got some of the foam carpenter bee spray and loaded the holes. Did so at my storage house as well.

Amazing how many I found the next days.

Just this early evening saw one at my place even tho no bare wood up here. I found a spare tennis racquet and demolished it.

Guy at Lowes was telling me last week that he took care of the problem in his barn with a radio playing all the time.

Not sure if it works, but worth a shot I guess while you are away.

I still need to make a couple of the traps for them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don’t know what it is about German shepherds, but the one I have, and the one I had, seem to be drawn to carpenter bees. They will stalk until they get just close enough, and then crunch on them like a potato chip. My other two dogs don’t pay any attention to them.
    That dog must be a heck of a jumper! The one(s) I have are up by my roof line over the deck. :):

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Just get carpenter bee traps toss in one dead one and you’re gtg forever (have had my traps 2 years now) countless bodies in the little mason jar lol

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mine know me. Literally. I have one fatty chewing holes in my fence. she flies away when she sees me and wont get within arms length or spray distance. Been trying to get her all weekend.

I figured they just dont like humans. Then last night Mrs. Monkey and I were by the fence working and she says "Look, a bee." It didnt care about her. But as soon as I came close, the bee flew away again. Repeated this several times. I guess they can be smarter than you think.

And this one is smart enough to not go into the trap, too.
    Send Mrs Monkey out to terminate it?

Top Bottom