• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Well my nephew was over and we were talking guns like usual. He brings up that he traded for a Mossberg 500 but he really didn't need it because he has one just like it with a slug barrel to boot. So I ask him what he wanted for it. He told me he would take $100 bucks for it. :rockwoot: Just so happened that I had a couple things that he wanted that he was willing to trade for worth about the same amount so now it is mine. :D It needs a little cleaning up and TLC but it's still in good shape and worth well more than I gave for it.

IMG_1610.jpg

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    There are cheaper and more safe options for propping doors open.

Couldn't agree more, 100 dollars is a rip off for a door wedge. Perhaps next time you can ask your nephew what he thinks he's doing, taking advantage of you like that.

I'll offer your 90 to help get your money back, but that 10 dollar loss will help teach you a lesson.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Had a friend who picked up a 12ga 870 in much the same way ...except, it didn't involve your nephew, I'm sure. ;) Both you and my friend are disgusting. :D

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I would keep her just the way you got her.

I have seen a simple 150-200 dollar purchase grow into a build and reach 1000 dollars. That was a nice score for a friend on a 10-22. I liked it as well when he gave 160 for it.

100 shotguns that nice are a rare breed.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I would keep her just the way you got her.

I have seen a simple 150-200 dollar purchase grow into a build and reach 1000 dollars. That was a nice score for a friend on a 10-22. I liked it as well when he gave 160 for it.

100 shotguns that nice are a rare breed.

I have no plans on changing it. Only thing I'll be doing is trying to find something I can trade for a slug barrel for it. :D

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    You want smooth or rifled??
    I have a smoothbore slugster barrel needs a rear sight. I really want an accuchoke vent rib for mine.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    You want smooth or rifled??
    I have a smoothbore slugster barrel needs a rear sight. I really want an accuchoke vent rib for mine.

Would like a rifled but would take a smooth bore for the right deal if i had something to make the trade. I mainly prefer to have a slug barrel on it for HD. Never had a smooth bore so I don't know how accurate they are to be honest. Pm me if your looking to get rid of that, might be able to work something out.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thread jack while you guys are talking barrels!
    I'm looking for a smooth bore for a Mossy 500 20guage if anyone has one!
    I would possibly trade for my rifled 24in.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    mossburg makes tons of cheap barrels for the 500; I have one for my 870. it is fully rifles cantilever deer barrel, it shot lots better than the same barrel from rem for some reason. I traded some of my talents in the wiring department and got that barrel for my labor.

At the time the barrel was 115 dollars. I added a fax line and computer line in the LGS for mine.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    mossburg makes tons of cheap barrels for the 500; I have one for my 870. it is fully rifles cantilever deer barrel, it shot lots better than the same barrel from rem for some reason. I traded some of my talents in the wiring department and got that barrel for my labor.

At the time the barrel was 115 dollars. I added a fax line and computer line in the LGS for mine.

Wait....why do you need a fax and data line for a shotgun barrel?

Do I need to do that to mine too?

Is this a Zombie fighting modification?

:laugh:

Top Bottom