• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Last night I was unloading a load of wood in my shed when I saw my, Minnie me, crossing the back yard with his pellet gun.
    "Hey buddy, what are you shooting?"

"Hey Dad, been shooting tomatoes."

Puzzled I ask, "what tomatoes?"

""Ones in the garden."
    Reminds me of the time I weeded Mom's garden and beat her rhubarb patch down with a stick.

What goes around comes around.

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Last night I was unloading a load of wood in my shed when I saw my, Minnie me, crossing the back yard with his pellet gun.

""Ones in the garden."
    Reminds me of the time I weeded Mom's garden and beat her rhubarb patch down with a stick.

lol ;)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'd get in quite a bit of trouble as a kid when me and my friends would play tomato baseball

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Dad always told me I could shoot all the sparrows I wanted… my bird identification skills in the 8-10 year old range were less than spectacular… I’ll never forget the time I tried to shoot one off the bird house from about 40’ away, missed the bird, hit the twine that was strung up to hold the bird house. I got a good whooping out of that one :lmfao:

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Years ago my youngest had just turned 12 and asked if he could "shoot cans with the pellet gun down by the firepit". He had been a quick and safe learner so I said "sure". His mother added, "but be careful!" As he walked out the door he asked, "Um, if a I see a squirrel or rabbit can I shoot it?" Both were in season so I said, "Sure"....

Maybe 10 minutes later he taps on the window and holds up a clearly dead rabbit.

Of course, I walked him through cleaning it and cutting up the pieces. Add in some potatoes, onions and an iron skillet and we had some fried rabbit that night.

He loves to tell the story - "You and Mom were so surprised!!"

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    Dad had just had a brand new pole barn built. I was looking through the walk in door on one end and saw a pigeon sitting along the wall on the other end of the barn. I shot it with my .22. The bird fell over and there was a perfect .22 hole in the barn siding where he had been sitting. I never said anything, don't know if Dad ever saw it.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I got a wrist rocket sling shot when I was 10. Had a whole bag full of marbles for ammo. Well, our property bordered an 80 acre cow pasture, and the farmer had one big bull tending the cows. I did what 10 year old boys do with a sling shot when they see a bull. Not sure if that bull ever sired a calf.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

""Ones in the garden."

Hey. I just did that to my own tomatoes.

We had one that was split pretty bad on the vine. I pulled it off and set it on a stump in front of a larger tree. Loaded up the Gamo break barrel with a .177 flat point.

Oh it was beautiful.

With that said, when I was 9 or 10, dad gave me the youth model lever action Red Ryder type bb gun that would barely go through a pop can.
    I shot anything and everything. I didn't destroy much (besides a window in a neighbors rusted out truck that hadn't moved in 20 years and was sunk past the frame in the ground.) I shot thousands of bb's the first year or two. Learned a lot.

Top Bottom