• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So you're saying a cop said he actually found an arrestable offense, told your
    son if he confessed to it - there was nothing he could legally do, and then
    destroyed evidence himself...?
    Yeah. That sounds plausible.
    Or maybe he
    told your son a big fat lie hoping he'd hit pay dirt.

Yeah, that's my take on the situation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if one consents to be on drugs prior to driving one
    could be arrested for DUI.
    Again, yeah that's my take. The B-Burg cop told my son if he addmitted to "smokin' a joint earlier, there's probably nothing I could do about it", is a flat out lie, trying to get him to admit. If at that point he had admitted, the cop would have arrested him. There is a law against driving under the influence of marijuana, and a confession would have landed him in jail.

Think about it. My son's take away might be at this point, cops are liers to get gullible kids to admit to something, so they can arrest them. The cops did not do anything that would warrant a formal complaint for their behavior, but they reinforced to an impressionable kid that they are not on the same side as the "good guys".

Parents are so cute sometimes. :)

Yes, us parents like to think our kids are not misbehaving, but as I said earlier in the post, for reasons I won't go into, I happen to know for a fact that my son is not using. :)

I am not against LEO's, & I am not turning my son against LEO's, but it's a shame that I think he's getting this exposure to that kind of cop.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Sounds like he was fishing...

Otherwise, why would he even ask if it was not relevant?

I can't do anything about it, and it does not matter to me... but ya' know, just out of curiosity ... tell me if you have been doing illegal things....

Mmm hmmm

Correct response: Ask your wife.

That is, ofcourse, unless he knows seeds were likely in his car... sometimes details are left out.
    If that was the case, he got lucky and should count his blessings. Some officers will just not make an arrest over seeds, or minor paraphernalia.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yeah, that's my take on the situation.

Again, yeah that's my take. The B-Burg cop told my son if he addmitted to "smokin' a joint earlier, there's probably nothing I could do about it", is a flat out lie, trying to get him to admit. If at that point he had admitted, the cop would have arrested him. There is a law against driving under the influence of marijuana, and a confession would have landed him in jail.

Think about it. My son's take away might be at this point, cops are liers to get gullible kids to admit to something, so they can arrest them. The cops did not do anything that would warrant a formal complaint for their behavior, but they reinforced to an impressionable kid that they are not on the same side as the "good guys".

Yes, us parents like to think our kids are not misbehaving, but as I said earlier in the post, for reasons I won't go into, I happen to know for a fact that my son is not using. :)

I am not against LEO's, & I am not turning my son against LEO's, but it's a shame that I think he's getting this exposure to that kind of cop.

Based off this one experience, your son will not be fond of any LEO interaction he may have in the future. He is batting a 1000 for a bad LEO encounter. We need more officer like VUPD, at least he doesn't hassle people over stupid ****.

Eskion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I don't think they have to call a parent before doing a search, but since the cop searched the vehicle (without consent), THEN called for dogs, I would think that is an illegal search. You need to tell your son that when a cop starts question him he needs to say "I am a minor, and I am requesting that my parent/guardian or legal council be present for any questions"

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    Parents are so cute sometimes. :)

As an adult now i can tell you i never smoked weed or dig any drugs-other than tobacco and alcohol. Did my dad know i did i doubt it but wouldnt surprise me if he did. Just saying not every teenager is using some sort of drug and its not always the "bad" kids that are using sometimes the ones your suspect are cleaner than the ones you dont. just my :twocents:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I don't think they have to call a parent before doing a search, but since the cop searched the vehicle (without consent), THEN called for dogs, I would think that is an illegal search. You need to tell your son that when a cop starts question him he needs to say "I am a minor, and I am requesting that my parent/guardian or legal council be present for any questions"

That's not the order in which I said that it happened. The cop said he seemed nervous, so he asked him to step out, while he called the k9's. After the k9's arrived, they searched. I can only assume that the dogs behaved in a manner that told the cops they smelled something from the outside of the car, which gave them PC to search.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    If he really did find seeds, would a cop just "brush them onto the ground", or was that a lie to try to get him to confess to something?

No citations were issued.

I don't know about Brownsburg, having never been there, but I will say that in my years as a paramedic in Atlanta (and a few in Denver), something as minimal as "a few seeds" wouldn't be cause for a citation or arrest.

I recall a situation in ATL years ago: Guy was beat up pretty decent, and the cop found a small bag with about enough weed for a joint and a half... really small amount. He dumped the contents into a storm drain and let it go at that. His words were something to the effect of "Not worth the time to do the paperwork, easier for everyone to just let this one slide."

So, yeah, maybe he would just brush 'em to the ground and let it go. Tell your son that he got a break (if, of course, you son actually DID have seeds in his car) and he should be thankful.

$0.02....

-- JRB

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The search was perfectly legal. Once Officer Chompy is called to the scene and then hits on the car, that is probable cause to search the vehicle. Officer Chompy is never wrong.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I don't know about Brownsburg, having never been there, but I will say that in my years as a paramedic in Atlanta (and a few in Denver), something as minimal as "a few seeds" wouldn't be cause for a citation or arrest.

I recall a situation in ATL years ago: Guy was beat up pretty decent, and the cop found a small bag with about enough weed for a joint and a half... really small amount. He dumped the contents into a storm drain and let it go at that. His words were something to the effect of "Not worth the time to do the paperwork, easier for everyone to just let this one slide."

So, yeah, maybe he would just brush 'em to the ground and let it go. Tell your son that he got a break (if, of course, you son actually DID have seeds in his car) and he should be thankful.

$0.02....

-- JRB

No, the officers were douchebags and fishing for anything they can find. Tell your son that not all cops are bad.

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    If he is buying marijuana with seeds in it then he's not buying the good stuff. J/K

When I was younger I had some cops separate my buddy and me after we were pulled over for looking suspicious. The officer asked me if he could search and I said no. He said he was legally allowed to have a dog walk the perimeter of the car and I said no problem. He then said it will be at least an hour before the canine would arrive (this was the middle of winter) the cop said we can sit on the curb in the snow and wait. Another officer then told me that my buddy said there were drugs in the car. I yelled over to my buddy and asked him if he in fact said that and he said "no, they told me you said there was drugs in the car" giving them probabale cause to search after tearing my car apart and placing valuables in the snow they found nothing. And that was over 18 years ago!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Sounds like he was fishing, maybe one of the leos on here can chime in and give you some help on what to tell your son about how to handle the situation. Personally if i had a son id tell him to call me asap and to only inform the officer that because he was a minor he was having his father come.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    They don't look like sand. But they might look like caraway seeds... :):

I have no first hand knowledge, but I believe that without chemical analysis, marijuana seeds are indistinguishable from black grains of sand. . .

File:Marijuana_seeds.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    After reading this post it just reinforces my opinion of why some kids these days are the way they are...PARENTS (or lack of) !!

I deal with it every night. It is all about the JBT police hassling my perfect kid and he was stopped for no reason blah blah blah. The attitudes really change though when you knock on that door at 0330 hrs. with a chaplain in tow. Yea it is all fun and games until they get the news most parents dread.

Last weekend I had the horrible task of telling one of our frequent flyers parents that their son who could never do wrong was never coming home again. We had attempted to get this kid ironed out on countless occasions. But "we were always just picking on our son" or "IS this all you guys have to do in this town" or "I guess kids can't have fun any more in this town" ect. ect. ect.. They were warned about his behavior time and time again. Now it is too late. I can hardly wait to hear what we did wrong this time.

Parents....get a clue!! It all starts with the seemingly little things. Some (not all) progress to more serous stuff. That is all I will say on the matter.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Dude, I don't know what your sarcastic post was all about, but this Dad happens to know.

Speaking for myself I hope that dad knows for sure. Unfortunatly many dads think they know but really don't. From what I know of brownsburg Pd if this kids ts went the way the op said there is most likely more at play. If that would happen to one of my sons I would be knowing for sure by checking out the car in detail and doing a drug screen.

But I hope the op is correct. I really do.

Top Bottom