• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    That's a cool couple of finds for you as of late DD.
    I thought i remember you a while back saying that you were going to thin down the stable.
    You are either failing miserably, or you have one hell of a rotation going :-)

Going to a gun show with DD is very intimidating.. As you walk the aisles with him all you hear from him. "Got that, Got that, Got that.. Got 2 of them.. Got that.. Got that.. " Aisle after aisle. Its real intimidating.. If he ever does thin out the herd the price of used guns will go into a tail spin..

Last edited:

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    The story goes that the Wehrmacht wanted Mauser to start making the PP/PPK. Mauser offered up their own design. HSc stands for Hahn Selbstspanner or "self-cocking hammer".

XC9EPg5.jpg

I picked up one of those several years ago. It is an American Eagle Edition. It is a nice little pistol, very well made. I thought it might be an alternate to the PPK that was my EDC back then.

Sadly, it is heaver, bulkier and clumsier than the PPK. So, I never really carried it. It has been relegated the the back of the safe except for the occasional photo op.

ul3o1q4.jpg

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    Going to a gun show with DD is very intimidating.. As you walk the isles with him all you hear from him. "Got that, Got that, Got that.. Got 2 of them.. Got that.. Got that.. " Isle after isle. Its real intimidating.. If he ever does thin out the herd the price of used guns will go into a tail spin..

Boys and their toys.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's a cool couple of finds for you as of late DD.
    I thought i remember you a while back saying that you were going to thin down the stable.
    You are either failing miserably, or you have one hell of a rotation going :-)

I'm failing miserably. :): But I am going to be making a 2-for-1 trade tomorrow, so I will be thinning down the stable by 1. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The story goes that the Wehrmacht wanted Mauser to start making the PP/PPK. Mauser offered up their own design. HSc stands for Hahn Selbstspanner or "self-cocking hammer".

XC9EPg5.jpg

I picked up one of those several years ago. It is an American Eagle Edition. It is a nice little pistol, very well made. I thought it might be an alternate to the PPK that was my EDC back then.

Sadly, it is heaver, bulkier and clumsier than the PPK. So, I never really carried it. It has been relegated the the back of the safe except for the occasional photo op.

ul3o1q4.jpg

Very nice Joker! Is yours .380 also, or is it .32 acp? I did recently get to handle one of the Italian ones (double stack .380) and that one did feel bulky in my hand due to being a double stack. This one feels good to me though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Going to a gun show with DD is very intimidating.. As you walk the aisles with him all you hear from him. "Got that, Got that, Got that.. Got 2 of them.. Got that.. Got that.. " Aisle after aisle. Its real intimidating.. If he ever does thin out the herd the price of used guns will go into a tail spin..

Pfft! Pot, meet Kettle! :p

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Very nice Joker! Is yours .380 also, or is it .32 acp? I did recently get to handle one of the Italian ones (double stack .380) and that one did feel bulky in my hand due to being a double stack. This one feels good to me though.
    The HSc is .380. Or more appropriately, 9mm Kurz.

Here's another one I picked up a few years ago in 9mm Corto:
    8Of2z5Q.jpg

[FONT=&amp]In the early 1930s, the Italian army was impressed by the Walther PP pistol. Beretta did not want to lose a big military contract to their German competitor and designed the M1934 for the Italian Army which accepted it in 1937.
    [/FONT]
    oeLkU2N.jpg

[FONT=&amp]This model was followed by the M1935, which was similar to the M1934 in most respects, except that it fired a .32 ACP (7.65 mm Browning) cartridge.
    oUqVX4P.jpg

Manufactured in 1941, it pairs nicely with my 1939 Carcano Model 1938 Short Rifle.
    T0vMCl0.jpg

[/FONT]

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    The HSc is .380. Or more appropriately, 9mm Kurz.

Here's another one I picked up a few years ago in 9mm Corto:
    8Of2z5Q.jpg

[FONT=&amp]In the early 1930s, the Italian army was impressed by the Walther PP pistol. Beretta did not want to lose a big military contract to their German competitor and designed the M1934 for the Italian Army which accepted it in 1937.
    [/FONT]
    oeLkU2N.jpg

[FONT=&amp]This model was followed by the M1935, which was similar to the M1934 in most respects, except that it fired a .32 ACP (7.65 mm Browning) cartridge.
    oUqVX4P.jpg

Manufactured in 1941, it pairs nicely with my 1939 Carcano Model 1938 Short Rifle.
    T0vMCl0.jpg

[/FONT]

Nice pistol, Just beautiful, Always had a thing for those pocket pistols with the little extender on the magazine. Real nice group photo of pistol and rifle.. All you need it the Helmet with the plum

dsc-0026_1_orig.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Here's the one I got from indiucky today. Browning 10/71, made in 1971 (.380). :)

WgifqxO.jpg

2X1IhJM.jpg

25PrPRE.jpg

MOWYuX2.jpg

Nice looking pistol you have to watch those 380s lot more power then those little 32s you have been playing with. But why the crappy name???.. Browning 10/71??..

Why did they not give it a cool kids name like Model 1910 or may or m1922.. But 10/71.. come on has to be a way to butch it up a little.

Is the little pinky rest on the bottom of the pistol grip part of the Grip or the magazine???

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It looks like it's stamped "Made in Germany." That would put it either in the 50s or after 87 (or so). Anything in between should be marked "W. Germany"

Okay, I wish I could change the title to this thread to "My .32 ACP and .380 ACP Obsession Continues", because this one is a .380. :):

Mauser HSc, made (I believe) around 1971. Love this little pistol so far. Just seems really well made (it's a Mauser after all), and feels great in the hand. Can't wait to get it to the range!

uYMprbY.jpg

z6fOYvi.jpg

XsKhamu.jpg

Fpzu2T9.jpg

Top Bottom